PDA

View Full Version : ss7 build is coming together

ken nougaret
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I've got fabric on the wings, the wife has the baggage sack sewn, and we're starting the seat cushions. Its starting to feel like a plane now.

SkyPirate
01-04-2014, 04:59 PM
looking great!! Where did you rent the model to display the plane? :)

ken nougaret
01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
She's displaying her baggage sack. And i guess you could say she's bought not rented. ken

SkyPirate
01-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Almost spilt my cawfee lol

I almost got stuck in my baggage sack trying to connect the com antenna while my wife was laughing at me lol she could have offered to climb down the tail and done it for me but ... Noo... Lol

dginok
01-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Looking great!
If that baggage sack is anything like the factory version, your wife has some impressive sewing skills.

ken nougaret
01-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I think it is a lot like the factory version except we added a zipper to the back. I made a fiberglass aft section for light supply or fishing rod tips.

jiott
01-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Just curious Ken-I noticed your wing does not yet have the brushed on coat of Poly-Brush. Isn't that supposed to go on before any finish tapes?

Jim

ken nougaret
01-06-2014, 07:24 AM
you are correct jim. I precoated each rib with 2 coats of polybrush before finish tapes. I think I end up at the same conclusion. ill be filling the rest of the weave next weekend. ken

jamesmil
01-06-2014, 05:59 PM
looking good ken, won't be as long as it has been.

silvaleonardo
01-12-2014, 09:47 PM
you are correct jim. I precoated each rib with 2 coats of polybrush before finish tapes. I think I end up at the same conclusion. ill be filling the rest of the weave next weekend. ken
Hello Ken, I'm Leonardo, I live in Mexico, and got a Kitfox across the border with a lot of hassle, and of course have many many questions, airplane is covered, what was the spacing you did on the rib lacing? and noticed reinforcing tape on the false ribs, is that necessary? (this is my first airplane). Leonardo

ken nougaret
01-13-2014, 07:09 AM
The lace spacing is 2.5 inches. That's not reinforcing tape on the false ribs its finish tape.
Ken

silvaleonardo
01-13-2014, 09:33 AM
Thank you much Ken. Your ss7 is looking good.
Leonardo.

jiott
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
The basic spacing is 2.5", but you have to adjust this somewhat so you miss the underlying cross bracing and still end up with nice straight lines of rib lacing. I used a 1" wide strip of fiberglass trimmed from the wingtips and marked my rib lace positions on it so I could then move it from one rib to the next and make sure all laces missed structural braces on all ribs. It took a few tries before I settled on a final rib lace pattern.

Also, you should purchase a builder's manual and a Polyfiber covering manual from Kitfox, if you don't have these already. They explain in detail where all the finish tapes go.

Jim

silvaleonardo
01-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks Jim. Poly-fiber manual and DVD should be on the mail box today or tomorrow. Good idea on the fiberglass strip.
Leonardo