PDA

View Full Version : An Ipad Ap that works as an electronic level

Jch
12-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I was thinking about how I would align my remote compass with my panel mounted Dynon Flight Dek180 and came upon this useful Ap called imetalbox. I thought others might be interested in this. Because the screen is bright you can't tell what I am measuring, but in the first picture I am holding the Ipad against the instrument panel and in the second, I am holding it against the bracket that the remote compass will be mounted on. I need to shim or adjust the bracket a few degrees to get the pitch parallel to the panel. I am also using the AP to set my landing light angle.

cubtractor
12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I just downloaded it. That's pretty awesome. I can use that quite a bit. Thanks for posting.

wannafly
12-23-2013, 11:13 AM
it is also standard feature on the iphone 5. just go to your compass. slide it over and it works as a level with full degree read out. very accurate

cap01
12-23-2013, 07:06 PM
my ipad 2 came with a spirit level as one of the already installed apps , I'm pretty sure . atleast I don't recall down loading it

pyolet
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
I used "aFree Level" app on my iPhone4 to adjust my Warp Drive prop. Incredibly accurate to a tenth of a degree, and stable. Will use it next to check wing brace adjustments. Woody.

Dorsal
01-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I used one and found it precise but not accurate* at higher angles, personally I would stick with a digital level for the critical stuff. They don't cost much and are easily calibrated.
* -the one I used was on an older Ipod touch, may be better now.

beeryboats
01-02-2014, 06:26 PM
That's a great idea. I found Bubble level for iPhone so I can use my phone to set the angle on my portable satellite dish when camping.

Pilot4Life
01-02-2014, 09:06 PM
OK, so this reply is WAY OFF TRACK from the iPad APP about a level but....

A Satellite Dish when CAMPING? Makes my skin crawl HAHA :D...but I know..."To each his own"...this is the only type of "Satellite dish" I'd want to see when I'm camping...

SkyPirate
01-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I like that satelite dish Chris :) but stretch it out there a little further , 500 meters is too close :D

Pilot4Life
01-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Well, when I'm shooting a pistol, 500m is ok! Ha ha! Did you ever decide either for, or against, the tailwheel pant Chase? How about those Talons on the mains? PM if you'd like so we can leave this iPad level thread as such!