PDA

View Full Version : Another great Kitfox day.

DesertFox4
12-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Got the chance to meet with a TeamKitfox member today from Tucson. Marv Kea was in town and wanted to see a Kitfox. I met him at Deer Valley airport. We flew down to Chandler and met DesertFox1.
Well it was a beautiful day again with clear skies and 75 degrees so naturally we flew. DesertFox1 gave us the green light to go fly his Super Sport so we did that too.
Marv got some stick time in both the model 4 and a Super Sport today.
That's a good day when you get to fly two aircraft.
;)

It was fun meeting Marv and a big thanks to DesertFox1 for his generous loan of 8KA. Always a treat to fly the 7SS and meet one of our members.

Marvk7
12-18-2013, 04:59 AM
I had a great time meeting you both and yes it was a excellent day to be in the air. Thanks for a great time.

SkySteve
12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
DF4,
You are tempting me Big Time! Stop it you devil! ;) Now you've got me thinking I need to go visit my mother in Mesa for a few days just to beg for a flight in those planes. Get behind me, Satan. Get behind me!:D It's 4 degrees F and IFR right now here in the Utah mountains. :eek:

SSFoxBuilder
12-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Ahhh, Chandler! I received all of my helicopter training from Quantum Helicopters across the field. I wish I was getting paid per approach…..would've paid for a good portion of my training! I'm hoping to get back down there soon for some aerobatic/upset attitude training sometime soon.

Slyfox
12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
DF4,
You are tempting me Big Time! Stop it you devil! ;) Now you've got me thinking I need to go visit my mother in Mesa for a few days just to beg for a flight in those planes. Get behind me, Satan. Get behind me!:D It's 4 degrees F and IFR right now here in the Utah mountains. :eek:

I was going to say similar. Yesterday it was 35 degrees here. I did go fly. had a wonderful time. I blocked off most of the water cooler and enjoyed nice and warm inside. had to turn off the heat vest and take my gloves off. so there. :)

DesertFox6
12-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Well, if Slyfox could muster the energy to fly in THOSE conditions, we desert rats shouldn't complain! At least not until next summer anyway! ;)

And "FLY" was the word of the day yesterday! You DO remember yesterday was "Kitty Hawk Day" don't you? Uh-huh...I thought so. :rolleyes:

Miss Dee's Cub (aka "Daisy Mae") came out of annual yesterday and, of course, deserved a complete shakedown flight to make sure the small wheel was still on the correct end. Leaving the Speedster in the hangar for an hour, we went out scaring "wabbits" across the desert brush which is turning into its reddish-gold-umber winter livery about an hour before local sunset yesterday. Just another rotten winter day in Arizona! :(

(I tried to load some nifty, low-level pictures here but they wouldn't stay...maybe another day...sigh)

And all this selfless effort was undertaken purely out of respectful memory of the brothers who managed to invent our hobby: Without a single word from the FAA! THANK YOU WILBUR AND ORVILLE!!! :D

"E.T." & Miss Dee

Slyfox
12-19-2013, 08:37 AM
next summer. is that when you have 120 and I'm flying in 75 degrees :D

rosslr
12-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Looks like a great day for flying. A bit different her in OZ at the moment - 38-40Celcius yesterday and the forecast is the same for today! have to knock of work in the hanger about 1pm and go find a nice cool place 'ill 7pm.

thanks for the pics - nice looking paint too!

r

GWright6970
12-19-2013, 03:47 PM
:D :D :D "I am OFFICIALLY JEALOUS." :D :D :D

Slyfox
12-19-2013, 04:14 PM
I really don't know what the fuss is. I went flying today and it was 32 outside. inside I was nice and warm. what's the problem. was nice and sunny as well. I'm happy. Sure would be nice to go to Arizona. but I can't. I'm still happy. :D

I would also like to add. the density altitude is fantastic. great lift. very fun. :D

DesertFox4
12-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Now don't get too jealous GWright- the clouds are rolling in and they are talking a chance of rain tonight & tomorrow here in Phoenix. Good chance we won't have to shovel it though.;) We may not see sunshine again until ah, Saturday. Maybe well get up to 70 again on Christmas day. And to think I used to not like winters.:rolleyes:

next summer. is that when you have 120 and I'm flying in 75 degrees Well it really seldom hits 120 here Slyfox. More like 110 to 115. We just go to Idaho then. We wish.;) Come down any time Slyfox, summer or winter. Love to go flying with you.:)

SkySteve
12-19-2013, 05:40 PM
This has NOTHING to do with flying, but it happened and I'm reporting it. I've been out working today driving my 4 wheel drive Dodge truck in 4 wheel drive at 25 mph. We had freezing rain last night, then 8 inches of snow on top of the ice. I had to go to the top of one our mountains this afternoon and before I got to the top, I started sliding backwards down the road while all four wheels were spinning forward. Not good. When the truck came to rest in the deep snow along side the road I got out, chained up all four tires and headed back up the mountain, just to turn around and come creeping down with the gearbox in reverse so I could control the sliding. All this to say Arizona is looking good right now to a lot of us.

DesertFox4
12-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh I sure can sympathize Steve. There was many a time I couldn't get my vehicle up the darn driveway in the winter. At least it was my driveway and I could walk to the house and try it on another day. If the snow plow didn't bury it first.:(