PDA

View Full Version : New owner, looking for an A&P in the Maryland area

kauaicuda
12-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Hello everyone.

I am going to be picking up a Kitfox 4 with a 912 in a coupel weeks. I wont be the original builder, so I need to find an A&P willing to sign off on the yearly inspection.

My local FBO doesnt really want to touch it.

Anyone have any references in the MD, WV, or PA area?

On that note, would anyone like to share their experience with dealiing with local guys regarding your E/AB class aircraft?

Thanks in advance, definitely looking forward to participating in this forum.

-Robert Hansen, Frederick Marlyand

cgruby
12-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Welcome Robert, Chuck Gruby here. I've got a type III that I'm rebilding after an unfortunate trailering accident. I'm an A&P, however, I'm in south Mississippi. I'd be glad to help when you're in the area.

Cheers,

kauaicuda
12-12-2013, 12:54 PM
That's one heck of a drive! Maybe when I can get it flying I could visit someone to look at it. That would be a great excuse for a trip.

Unfortunately my plane hasnt been inspected for quite some time, so I need to trailer it somewhere, most likely.

Thank you for the offer.

kitfoxnick
12-14-2013, 11:04 AM
I know of a couple of guys that can help. Pm me for more info. Where are you going to keep your new toy.

kauaicuda
12-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks Nick, will do.

For now its going to be in my garage. I want to go through everything until I know it inside and out. Some of the fabric needs some attention, but knowing myself, it might turn into a re-cover.

After that I'd be looking at getting a Hanger in Frederick (huge wait list) or Hagerstown (no wait), or maybe one of the wide trailers that's advertised on Barnstormers.

WISDAN
12-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Welcome Robert, Have you tried contacting your local EAA chapter? Most have good info on people to contact for working with E-AB aircraft. We have some in my area and I should think you might too. Good luck!