PDA

View Full Version : Wing Twist?

AVanlent
12-02-2013, 07:33 PM
I have a Kitfox 2. I have been having problems with my aluminum tanks that were sloshed, and i am considering taking them out and replacing them with the new fiberglass tanks. When looking at Kitfox's website, it says "Specify Wing Twist". I am not the original builder. Is there somewhere special that i can find out what my wing twist would be? Im not sure what it even actually means? But it sounds like i need it before i can move foreword with new tanks!
Thanks!
Andy

WISDAN
12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Andy, I would call John at Kitfox Aircraft to see what they are looking for before ordering..... They are very good at helping.

SkyPirate
12-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Avanlent,..

take and raise your tail so the spars,..front to rear are level at the root ..closest to the fuselage,..now go out to the tip of wing ,..inside of wing tip ,,meaning on the spars but before the droop tips,,take a tape measure and measure the distance from rear spar to the level as the level is held with bubble level,..this will give you wing twist,,or wash out measurement,.

each wing tank ,,left and right have twist built into them to compensate for this,..if this is what is meant by wing twist,..I would guess that when the tankis still "green" ,..not completely cured,,it is able to be twisted to match your wash out,..I could be wrong in my thoughts with that,..but it makes sense to me :)