PDA

View Full Version : Model III and IV Differences

cgruby
11-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Gents, as you probably know by now, I've got a model III which sustained heavy damage during a tow accident. Type IV parts are availbe from Kit Fox, but I think type III are limited, therefore could someone please list the items that are compatible between the two. It'd sure help me move this thing along.

Thanks,
Chuck Gruby
Petal, Mississippi

Dave F
11-16-2013, 02:19 PM
FLapperons are different
mixer is different
flaperon atach is differnt
ribs are different

cgruby
11-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Dave, Thanks for your reply. What about fuselage measurements, i. e., width, wing attach incident angle, the structure in the cabin top.

Chuck Gruby

HighWing
11-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Chuck,
I have always hesitated commenting on things that I have no real life experience with, but I know of several IIIs with IV wings. I also know that the landing gear we make will fit a I through IV with just a little tweaking width wise on the cabane. Then the cowl is different as the windshield angle is different. Vertical tail is also taller on the IV.

SkyPirate
11-20-2013, 05:37 PM
The model 3 underchambered wing versus the 4 ,..if you can, take a ride in a 4, its faster, landing speed is higher, the 4 will sink faster then the 3 wing, there are other subtle differences, you flew your 3 how many hours before the incident? If you liked its characteristics try to find replacement model 3 wings, if you would like more speed get some 4 wings, but id try to fly in a 4 first so you can compare

cgruby
11-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the replies, as time goes on, I'm learning more and more about this critter.

Chuck