PDA

View Full Version : Vixen 789'er Delta Foxtrot on Short Final forTeamKitfox

FlyboyTR
07-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I signed up for TeamKitfox this afternoon. It is nice to have another option for a progressive Kitfox forum.

Kathy and I live in Mobile, AL (on the Gulf Coast). Our Vixen was built by a gentleman in Pueblo, CO and had its first flight in 09/99. He built it specifically for us…although he didn’t’ know it at the time! ;) We purchased it in July of 06 and flew it home. It only had 192 hours when it came to live with us! She is well appointed and flies exceptionally well. The autopilot, oxygen, and IFR capable systems make cross country flights a joy. …And we don’t even leave the ground without our AnyWhere Map navigation system with weather.

One of our favorite “long weekend” trips is to a place in Suches, GA. You will see my posts regarding our “plans” for these trips to High Valley Resort (GA87). Check it out…everyone is always invited!

We are pleased to be part of this new forum and will continue to learn from others. We will share our comments when we think it will benefit the forum and its members. I have also posted several pictures to My Album.

Randy, thanks again for providing another Kitfox forum option!

Travis :D

airlina
07-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Travis, I just wanted to tell you that i enjoyed your pictures and text . Your airstrip looks pretty interesting! I was unable to fly mine to OSH this year due to that pesky thing called work, so I am sitting in front of the computer exploring anything and everything about kitfox flying and was glad to see your recent post on this new website. Sounds like you and your wife really get around in your airplane. Tell us more about the aerobatics you do in yours. How does it handle loops and rolls? Thanks Bruce Lina N199CL

RandyL
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Travis (and Kathy), welcome and thanks for joining! As you are flying a finished aircraft I'm sure you can answer some questions for those of us building.

I'm at OSH right now and will make a point of taking pics of as many Kitfoxes as I can find here.

Best,

FlyboyTR
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Bruce!
It's been a while since we've talked via email. I don't do frequent aerobatics in the Vixen. Just an infrequent loop or roll. I only do them when I am alone, minimal fuel and calm air. Loops are no big deal other than remembering to chop the throttle...:eek:the vixen accellerates quickly when pointed straight down! This also keeps me well below VNE and the G-load low. I usuall enter a roll with full throttle nose down to about 130, then lift the nose about 15 degrees and crank in the aileron. For me not much rudder input is used. It rolls pretty quickly.

Randy...Thanks. Although I didn't build the Vixen, I've been through every system and "touched" every "accessable" part, nut, bolt, rivit, etc. Good airplane!

Travis :)

Jorge&Cindy
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey Travis,
Nice plane, nice find. My kit is arriving tomorrow 7/31!! Even though I haven't started, I believe in planning ahead. When you have an opportunity could you please post or email me photos of the landing light setup. I would like to do HID's also. I saw LED lights by AERO LEDs at Oshkosh but they were very expensive and I'm skeptical about how much light they put out, distance wise. Thanks.