PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

cgruby
11-01-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm Chuck Gruby, and am located in Petal Mississippi. I have just purchased a Kit Fox III and have flown it a few times. However, I managed to severely damage it while trailering it home from the airport. The left wing was not secured properly and swung open striking a road sign. The wing and cabin top was damaged. I plan to rebuild and am looking for advice from anyone who has possibly gone through a similar rebuild. I am an A&P and have built and flown an experimental aircraft in the past, so I'm acquainted with fabricating tubing structures. I have to say, it looks pretty grim at this point ..........

Cheers,
ChuckG

WISDAN
11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the Kitfox group Chuck!

Sorry to hear of your damage but this group is very good with a lot of proven experience in the Kitfox model. There are folks with model III 's that should be able to help.

rogerh12
11-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey, there is a guy selling a set of model 3 wings on Barnstormers:

MODEL 3 WINGS • $2,100 with flaperons for sale. Good condition. Never damaged. Contact Chris J. Klavanian, 248 231 3232 .

cgruby
11-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am getting a real education with this venture.

ChuckG

cgruby
11-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Thanks, I spent some time a few years ago helping a client finish up a Kit Fox and get it flying, so the little airplane is not completely new to me. I had the opportunity to fly this one on a couple of occasions before I had a towing accident in which I literally destroyed the critter. I slowly unmagling bent tubing so I can get the wings fitted properly again, then I'll methodically replace tubing one piece at a time until I get it airworthy again. It's slow, and it's getting cold, so I'm slowed down a little.

Cheers,
Chuck