PDA

View Full Version : Parts availability question

beeryboats
10-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Are spare parts available for model IV's? I need a new right side door "glass". At least that's at the top of my list of repairs.

rogerh12
10-30-2013, 04:27 PM
You can get all parts from them, it's not a problem. All it takes is money....
However, see if they will email you the master inventory parts list first, so you can look up the original part number, for whatever part you need (though this might already be with the original builders manual).
Hope this helps
Roger

68niou1
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
If you go to the Kitfox website, they have the accessories catalog online. John and Deb are awesome to deal with. Hopefully you have the two piece doors, as I don't remember the acrylic being that expensive. If you have the bubble doors hang on- and all I can say is good luck as I have already ruined one:D

HighWing
10-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Jay,
The side "glass" is Polycarbonate. My guess is it should be available locally so you can avoid the shipping costs. Measure what you want and take the measurements to a plastics store. Local stores here sell by the Sq. Ft.

Slyfox
10-31-2013, 02:39 PM
should be .060 size

beeryboats
10-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks all. I jumped on their web site and I think the door glass is the cheapest part they sell! Can anyone tell me if it comes precut and already has that bow to it? Pretty much a drill and rivet install?

cap01
10-31-2013, 04:47 PM
the doors were completed when i acquired my kit but the protective paper was left on the windows , for 15 years . i was unable to find a way to remove it without the windows looking like crap , same with the turtle back . i got a sheet of lexan from a local plastic place and made all new .

HighWing
10-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks all. I jumped on their web site and I think the door glass is the cheapest part they sell! Can anyone tell me if it comes precut and already has that bow to it? Pretty much a drill and rivet install?

My guess it will come rough cut, no holes drilled. The fabrication of the doors is pretty much what the builder decided to do and one size will not fit all or fit any other for that matter. The nice thing about replacing the poly doors is that once you remove the old one, you have the perfect pattern for cutting and drilling the new one. The bow is created by the bowed out tubes running across the door. That is the reason it comes in top and bottom halves. The fiberglass strip across the middle accounts fir the eventual compound curve of the door.

WISDAN
10-31-2013, 07:03 PM
I ordered the acrylic bubble doors from Debra and John for my model IV, love the visibility and extra shoulder room. Yes they weigh more and cost more but to me worth every penny, just my opinion.

Dan

Av8r3400
10-31-2013, 07:23 PM
+1 on the bubbles.

I have the bubbles and molded windshield on my plane. Worth every penny. I like them so much I got them for my project plane, too.