PDA

View Full Version : New Home!

Pilot4Life
10-06-2013, 01:52 PM
No plane, just a personal update. Well, we arrived safe in our new home area, Sierra Vista, AZ. At least for the next few years. Excited to start the new job and get settled in. Looking for some events in the area that are drivable as I still haven't purchased a plane yet! I'll join the EAA soon and get involved there, but anything else, Kitfox or otherwise, would be good. Loving this forum...keep 'me flying folks!

Dick B in KY
10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Chris, Is this a new assignment or the start of a civilian career? Good luck with either.

Dick B

Pilot4Life
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks Dick B. New assignment, and hopefully the last. Four years until retirement, so we'll see.

t j
10-06-2013, 03:48 PM
When you get up up Tucson, one day at the Pima Air Museum and another day looking around the aircraft bone yards.

lots of old west history near you. Tombstone, Bisbee, Cochise's Strong hold, Fort Bowie. Some real old like Coronado and Cortez at the Coronado National monument. Carr house just up Carr canyon is pretty interesting.

I like to stay at the Gadsden hotel in Douglas. They say Pauncho Villa once rode his horse up the marble stairs in the lobby.

So your're at Fort Hauchuca, the original Buffalo Soldier Fort.

DesertFox4
10-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Welcome to Arizona Chris. You should plan to be at CopperState fly in coming up soon.

In its 41st year, this year’s fly-in — scheduled for Thurs., Oct. 24, 2013 - Sat., Oct. 26, 2013 at the Casa Grande Municipal Airport in Casa Grande, Arizona.

http://www.copperstate.org

Guarantee you'll get to see some nice Kitfox specimens. Maybe even a radial equipped model 4. John and Deb McBean should be in for the show too.
Always a good time.