PDA

View Full Version : Airmaster Propeller System

Ak360
10-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Anyone have experience with the Airmaster Propeller system. Looks like a really well put together system.

Looks like you have a choice of props you can use. Curious to hear how anyone's experience has been with the different props out there since there are so many choices.

AirFox
10-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Ask John McBean. I plan on putting one on my plane.

War Eagle
10-04-2013, 07:21 PM
I have an Airmaster on my Series 7a.

I have the warp drive taper tip with nickle leading edge.

I swing the 72 inch 3 blade version.

The Airmaster is a CS prop that is computer controlled (and can be controlled manually as well) system that uses electric servos to control the prop rather than hydraulic oil pressure that is typically used in many CS props. The units come preset for take off, climb and cruise rpms for the typical Rotax engine but all settings are programmable so that you can tailor the rpm settings to fit your needs and engine operating parameters.

When I bought mine they were only doing the warp drive blade assemblies so I have no experience with the different blade options now available.

I have flown (in my plane and in other Airmaster equipped planes) against other non Airmaster systems and "it is my opinion" that you would be hard pressed to find anything that will out perform it. The Airmaster system seriously improves the performance of the Rotax 900 series engines.

They are a little spendy but they have worked well.

If you have specific questions, I will try to answer what I can to help out

Av8r3400
10-08-2013, 05:20 AM
John, what is the TT you have on your system now? Have you had to do any maintenance on it?

War Eagle
10-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I have just shy of 150 hours. Yes on the maintenance. There is a required periodic cleaning, inspection, greasing and reassembly procedure.

It happens at the first 25 hours, first 50 hours, first 100 hours and then at each 100 hours thereafter.

Av8r3400
10-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Now, when you gonna fly that beauty out here to see us?

War Eagle
10-09-2013, 08:35 PM
It's on my bucket list!
Now if I can only find the where I put the list!

Seriously, I would like to make it out there but I don't know when it will happen yet.