PDA

View Full Version : Carb Spring brackets

phintz
09-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Hello everyone, I am still looking for pictures for the carburetor spring bracket install. I have a series 6 and had to swap the manifolds and carbs, (side to side). IT looks like that might have changed with the series 7 and SS 7. So I'm looking for anyone with a series 4,5,or 6! Would anyone have pics for this? I would be extremely grateful!!!
My manual Pics are almost black and basically no help. A picture is still worth a 1000 words!

Thanks
Patrick Series 6 Builder

War Eagle
09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Here are a couple pics of the series 6 carb setup. Is this what you are looking for?

hansedj
09-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Two pictures I Found from ours Dj

phintz
09-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Two pictures I Found from ours Dj

yes!!! thats exactly it! Would you have a picture of the inboard side as well?

Thanks !

Patrick Series 6 builder

phintz
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Here are a couple pics of the series 6 carb setup. Is this what you are looking for?

On my 6 I had to swap the manifold and carb from side to side to make room for the oil tank that sits in the center. Your kitfox is a 7 Correct?

hansedj pics matched what I have!

Thanks for helping though!
Patrick

hansedj
09-15-2013, 07:32 PM
that's the only ones I could find, I won't be able to get to the hangar until next weekend. I will take pictures if you don't have anything by then.

jiott
09-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I am confused. I don't remember the need for any brackets like this on my SS7.

Jim

phintz
09-16-2013, 05:36 AM
I am confused. I don't remember the need for any brackets like this on my SS7.

Jim

yeah for some reason it changed going into the 7 and ss-7, I'm thinking since they moved the oil tank to the outside on yours they left the manifolds and carbs alone.

Patrick

Dave Holl
09-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Does it not also depend on whether you fit the air box not?

Dave S
09-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Dave H,

That is correct......with the airbox in place the carbs are completely secured and cannot move....no need for the retaining springs.

The attached photo from the front of the plane shows a clamp in the center front of the airbox which affixes the airbox to the engine ring.

The second photo from the side shows (on the far side) the airbox tube attaching to the carb with a rubber hose and clamps.

With the three points attached - the carbs are completely locked in place.

The Airbox is not cheap; but in addition to securing the carbs it permits the engine to develope its rated 100 hp - according to Rotax, without the airbox the engine is rated at 95 HP (according to rotax)

The Airbox also provides switched inlet air for either carb heat or alternate air....mine is currently hooked up as alternate air from under the cowl with a screen in place to keep the foreign matter out of the system.

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF7 trigear
912ULS Warp Drive

War Eagle
09-16-2013, 01:14 PM
On my 6 I had to swap the manifold and carb from side to side to make room for the oil tank that sits in the center. Your kitfox is a 7 Correct?

hansedj pics matched what I have!

Thanks for helping though!
Patrick

Yes my plane is a Series 7, but the pics I sent were from a series 6 plane.

hansedj
09-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Here are the other pictures you wanted. hope this helps.