PDA

View Full Version : SS-7 cabin heater

Meyertheflyer
08-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Could anyone who's installed the heater kit for the super sport
Look at this and tell if this is where it mounts? The radiator seems
smaller than before and the angle brackets aren't long enough.
Do the two fans still mount on top? Any help is sure appreciated!

jiott
08-14-2013, 01:46 PM
My SS7 kit was purchased in 2011 and maybe things have changed since then, but yes that is where the heater mounts and the fans mount on top. Your heater core does look smaller than mine. My build instructions show the heater ports facing aft with 180 degree fittings so the hoses go over the top of the core and then thru the firewall. My fans are mounted to the top of the core with zip ties, not the angles you are showing. My angles were used under the core to mount to the airframe tubing. You should have received and instruction sheet with the heater option that explains all this. Hope this helps.

Jim

muth
08-14-2013, 02:23 PM
The picture shows the installation of my heater, the element is about double the size of yours

Meyertheflyer
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I just spoke with John and I was sent the heater core for a model 4. Another is on the way, no worries. Thanks :)

Pilot4Life
08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Still amazed and over joyed at the customer service of KITFOX...:D

Oh, and glad you got the issue worked out Bob...

Meyertheflyer
08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
I got the heater radiator for the SS7 and this is how it now should look when mounted. Just a picture for anyone to refer to if need be.

AirFox
09-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Here is a picture of my installation in a SS7.

Meyertheflyer
09-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Here are pictures of the installation document
P/N 10446.000 for kitfox series 5 -7 cabin
Heater, and it looks like the new version is installed
With ports forward?

Tom Waid
09-20-2013, 10:46 AM
I finished the installation of the cabin heater a few weeks ago. In my installation the ports are forward.

http://tropicaltuba.com/Kitfox%20Project/Kitfox14.htm#Cabin Heat

Since my heater core was configured a little different I reconfigured the mount. It seems to work quite well but, if it fails, I'll be the one at fault.

AirFox
09-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi Bob,

There must have been a change to the design between your kit and the current heater kit. I ordered my kit last month and installed the heater per the instructions.

Thanks

Scott

Meyertheflyer
09-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Could you look to see if you have REV A, Sept 03, page 5. And compare to the photo page I posted? Maybe I have a new cabin heater but outdated instructions. I don't want to proceed til I get this correct. Thanks

jrevens
09-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Bob,

I believe you can do it either way. Turning it around so that the fittings are facing into the cabin can make them more accessible. If you are using flare nut connections at the heater coil, you can reach them easily to disconnect & replace the coil, for instance. It also gives you some exposed line to add a shut-off valve in the cabin if you wish.

Esser
05-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Is the dual heater set up from Kitfox just two of these? Or is it different? I never ordered a heater when I ordered my kit and it's getting close to being time.