PDA

View Full Version : Smiling BFR (Biannual Flight Review)

SkySteve
08-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I completed my BFR today. During the flight I encountered a problem that is typical for us Kitfox drivers. After just a couple of maneuvers I asked the CFI if he would like to fly my plane. Of course he said "Yes". Out of the corner of my eye I noticed the smile start forming on his face. Pretty soon it turned to a grin and my CFI flew for 1.4 hours! Happy as a bug, he was. He's used to flying commercial airliners for a living and was having a ball flying the Kitfox. After landing he signed off my BFR and still had the glowing grin. Several hours have now passed and I just got a text from him which said, "Thank you for letting me fly your Kitfox. That is highly addicting. My wife is sick of me talking about it. I love that plane. You have quite the set up". Well, so much for leaning anything during the BFR! Ha, I love it!

DesertFox4
08-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Steve , maybe you should sign off in his log book. "Kitfox initiation completed successfully on this date."
Also letting him fly it was a good strategy. He quickly learned for himself that if you can make this light little airplane actually go where you intend it to, you might be OK to fly for another 2 years.;)

SkyPirate
08-07-2013, 08:14 PM
that's cool Steve,..

GWright6970
08-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Great post!! Excellent on all fronts!

(Hey, I'm covering as fast as I can!!! :D)