PDA

View Full Version : Ivo medium spinner

RWHIII
07-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Old question probably...but any info on where to obtain a spinner for an ivo medium would be greatly appreciated.

Geowitz
07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I have heard of a few custom builders out of the country, but your cheapest and easiest option is UHS. The 9P is required if you have IFA, but for regular ground adjust I believe you can use the 8inch. I had two 9P's because of using IFA and both(one three blade version, one for two blade) would not spin true. Part of the problem is how it is mounted to the hub. During torquing down the prop assembly there is a lot of warpage of the fiberglass spinner back plate which I also found to be slightly out of round. They worked overall and held up for the short time(about 8 hours of flight) I used them, but I switched to a different prop anyways in the end and can't speak to the longevity. I wouldn't say I was really worried about them coming apart in the air, but I obviously would have preferred them to run true. May not be as bad with the 8 inch. They are about $200. Here's a few pics...

Av8r_Sed
07-09-2013, 05:43 PM
I've also got the UHS 9" fiberglass spinner on my 2-blade medium ground adjust.

UHS Contact Info:
PHONE/FAX: 905 640-1534
E-MAIL SALES@UHSSPINNERS.COM
UHSPO BOX 135 MARKHAM ON L3P3J5
CANADA

dginok
07-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Will the IVO "skull cap" spinner work on the 3-blade/medium/IFA prop?