PDA

View Full Version : Oil dripping out the muffler

dalords
06-09-2013, 08:17 AM
I have a rotax 582 that hasn't been ran for awhile. Out it in the the plane about a week ago and got it started. Every time I run it though after a few minutes I get oil running out the muffler. It also idles rough with a increase and decrease of about 1000 RPM as it idles. I have changed the jets but still seems to be running rich. Any ideas out there. Or had anyone else had this problem

Mnflyer
06-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi oil dripping out of the muffler has very little to do with carb jetting that controls the gas, I'd check the oil injection pump could be stuck in the wide open position allowing oil to just pour in like( 150 to 200 to 1) ratio this would effect the idle and will foul the spark plug in a very short time, check to see if the oil injectot lever return spring is working.

Dave F
06-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi oil dripping out of the muffler has very little to do with carb jetting that controls the gas, I'd check the oil injection pump could be stuck in the wide open position allowing oil to just pour in like( 150 to 200 to 1) ratio this would effect the idle and will foul the spark plug in a very short time, check to see if the oil injectot lever return spring is working.

wide open is a bout 50 to 1 on injected planes.