PDA

View Full Version : covering fuselage

phintz
05-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Happy Mothers Day All!! I'm finishing up the fuselage portion of the build before I cover, and I wanted some input reguarding Antennas for com and transponder. Do I need to route any antenna wires before covering? I already have the co-pilot and pilot cabeles swagged to each other and the pitch trim cable and wires to electric pitch control done. I'll put my static port in after I have some covered. Dont want to miss anything!

Thanks Patrick
Series 6 Builder

DesertFox4
05-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Transponder antennas usually are located on the bottom of the fuselage so that doesn't have to be routed before covering. I installed two comm antennas in the tail of my model 4 so I installed the cables for those. I have tail light wires also and an extra set of power wires fed to the tail just in case I ever needed them back there. Haven't so far.

mr bill
05-13-2013, 08:04 AM
I attached pvc tubing to the fuselage before covering so wiring can be routed back later and put my comm and ELT antennas in the vert stab. Other wiring is for the rudder and elevator electric trim tabs.

chefwarthog
05-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Bill, what is for the aluminium pièces on the other side of the rudder face?

mr bill
05-14-2013, 05:58 AM
That is a Bob Archer comm antenna embedded in the ribs, not touching the metal structure and below the fabric. It is a dipole antenna that does not require a ground plane. The other antenna is for the ELT.