PDA

View Full Version : Hangar Insurance

hansedj
04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Just bought a share of a hangar and am finding out that the insurance is twice as much as my house. I don't understand why? I was just wondering those of you who own a hangar who do you insurance with and what are you paying. thanks

War Eagle
04-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I own part of two hangers. One is a $60k hanger in Caldwell Idaho and one is a $140k hanger in Nampa Idaho. I have $2M in liability and the above mentioned values on the hangers. The total bill is $639 a year shared amoung all owners.

My insurance Co is Farm Bureau.

kitfoxmod3
05-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Just bought a share of a hangar and am finding out that the insurance is twice as much as my house. I don't understand why? I was just wondering those of you who own a hangar who do you insurance with and what are you paying. thanks

An aviation insurance agent can help - who is your a/c with?

kitfoxmod3
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I own part of two hangers. One is a $60k hanger in Caldwell Idaho and one is a $140k hanger in Nampa Idaho. I have $2M in liability and the above mentioned values on the hangers. The total bill is $639 a year shared amoung all owners.

My insurance Co is Farm Bureau.

To my knowledge the Farm Bureau does not now nor have they ever written aviation exposures. I would get a letter from the company (not the agent) stating they are aware that these are hangars (note correct spelling) with aviation exposures otherwise no matter how cheap, if there is no coverage and a claim is denied, it's very high priced!