PDA

View Full Version : Model IV Cover

henrysamson
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I plan to be "on the road" quite a bit this summer with my airplane and want to get a cover. The typical type that covers the windshield, cabin, turtledeck and doors. I see there is one available from Kitfox Aircraft. Any opinions on that one or any of the "third party" covers that are available.

My airplane may be tied down, out in the elements for as much at 10 days so I need some rain protection.

Thanks!

bdemunck
04-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Bruce"s Customer Covers, check out their website under Skystar.

Av8r3400
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
+2 for Bruce's Custom Covers (https://www.aircraftcovers.com/general-aviation-models/skystar/kitfox-iv-v-vii-and-super-sport)!

I have one and it is a very, very high quality cover. It spent nearly 10 years covering my Mangy Fox project out in the elements (before I bought it) and is still in good, usable condition.

DesertFox4
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I've used Kitfox Aircraft's covers many times and they work great. Top quality construction too. Call Deb. 208.337.5111

Oh and BTW- they sponsor this site.

kmach
04-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi,
I got the cabin cover from Kitfox for my model 5 two years ago . It fits like a glove and is real good quality. :)

I got an insulated cowl cover from Bruce's custom covers last fall, top notch work and it too fits perfect.

Either place I would recommend , but if Kitfox would of had the insulated cowl cover , they would of got my business for sure.;)

Papa Beach
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
I bought a full set of covers for my Classic from Kennon (custom made) for approximately $1600 (incl prop/spinner) and have been very happy with them. In fact have two sets as first were slightly larger than they should be. If you are interested in that set, I could give you a fair price. I may even have pictures to show you of how they fit on my plane.

henrysamson
04-18-2013, 08:57 AM
I bought a full set of covers for my Classic from Kennon (custom made) for approximately $1600 (incl prop/spinner) and have been very happy with them. In fact have two sets as first were slightly larger than they should be. If you are interested in that set, I could give you a fair price. I may even have pictures to show you of how they fit on my plane.

PM sent . . .

Papa Beach
04-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Return PM sent...