PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox Done-Now Pilot License

jiott
04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Wow, what a trip this is for an older guy. I just finished up my SS7 and it is nearly ready for its AW inspection. Its my first airplane and my first build and it has been a fun, interesting and educational two years. Now I have to learn to fly it - never have had a pilot's license, but I am excited to start this phase of my education. I plan to park myself over at Stick & Rudder in Boise for 2 weeks to work on a Sport Pilot certificate with taildragger endorsement with Paul Leadabrand. I probably won't finish the training in two weeks, but I will take a short break and then go back and finish up. THEN! back home to fly my own bird. I can't think of anything better to keep a retired guy interested and challenged for many years to come.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Jim

kebopa3
04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Jim,
That sounds like a great plan to me. I'm two/three years behind and following in your foot steps so keep me posted.

Kebo

DesertFox4
04-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Congrats Jim on getting to the end zone. Hope the AW inspection goes well.
Have fun with Paul. Good weather wishes for your training.

GWright6970
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Congratulations on all your hard work... I like your plan for getting in the air. Best wishes for continued success!!!

chefwarthog
04-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Jim that is a good news!!! The bigest parts of your plan is done now let's the fun begin!!!

I did the invers, by doing my pilot licence first and building a nest for my future chick!!

It was easer for me, the laste 2 years I have works in Montréal.... and the Airport where the light sport licence was on my way home.... All my theorical exams are done.... Canadien regulation 94%, Navigation
et aeronautics 93%, +-70 takeoff and landing.... remaining only my solos.... but waiting for my instructor, who is building a Renegate.... will have a lite taste of how fly a Kitfox...... all my course was done on a FLIGHTSTAR IISL not the same!!! It's look like an egg with wings!!!:D