PDA

View Full Version : 912 Coolant Recovery Bottle

henrysamson
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi,

My model IV has the round coolant recovery bottle that was supplied by Skystar as part of the FWF package. The bottle has a tube coming out of the top that connects to the spider tank. But, there is no tube inside the bottle. Seems to me there should be a tube leading to the bottom of the bottle and perhaps a small vent hole on the top. Am I missing something. Either with respect to my bottle or my logic?

One week to DAR.

Thanks!

HighWing
04-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Hank,
You have the idea down pat. There should be a tube that reaches the bottom of the bottle and a hole in the cap. I just checked mine and the tubing is quarter inch and looks to be polyethylene. There is a collar that the tubing is pressed into. I checked with a bit of left over pitot/static tubing and the fit is perfect. Of course the cut on the bottom end of the down tube is angled to prevent a suction seal if a bit long.

Av8r_Sed
04-04-2013, 04:27 PM
You need the tube because as your cooling system cools down after a flight it will pull vacuum and hopefully suck up coolant. Without the tube it will create a vapor pocket in your system which you don't want.

Av8r3400
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I have one of these (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24889&catid=934&clickid=searchresults) (.5 quart) in my flying plane. I really didn't like the "squirt" bottle idea. It kept falling apart, too...