PDA

View Full Version : finished wing strut brackets

phintz
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Hello all, Could someone please show a close up picture of their finished wing strut attachment points. I'm putting on the patches over fabric reinforcement plates, and i'm curious about how much the fabric flexes during flight. Does a guy just cut the patches to fit snuggly and call it good?

Thanks

Geowitz
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Yeah, just get them close and you're good. A little gap is fine, maybe 1/8 inch where the bracket protrudes, but there are some places where I can stick my finger through due to nature and shape of the bracket. Not a problem. Here is a pic of mine. Still need to clean some of the fabric glue off of them...:rolleyes:

phintz
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, just get them close and you're good. A little gap is fine, maybe 1/8 inch where the bracket protrudes, but there are some places where I can stick my finger through due to nature and shape of the bracket. Not a problem. Here is a pic of mine. Still need to clean some of the fabric glue off of them...:rolleyes:

Perfect!!!! Thanks Geo!

WISDAN
03-21-2013, 07:14 PM
I agree with Geowitz, I made mine tight and have no problems after 55 hours of flight. I dont think a little gap will hurt either.

WISDAN
Model IV
Jabiru 2200