PDA

View Full Version : Missing template for flaperon horn bearing kf5

gizmos
03-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I am missing template for kf5 nylon flaperon horn bearing. Does anyone have it or a location to find it? P/n 24004.000 bearing material

airlina
03-18-2013, 06:08 PM
I built a Series 5 and that nylon bearing for the flaperon was deemed not necessary some time ago. I did not use it on mine and after 10 years and 600 hours no ill effects. Bruce Lina N199CL

gizmos
03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Great! I have tried to read as much as i can on the vixen. Is there any other things I should look for? I am going to put the kf7 firewall forward with the rotax 912, possible fuel injection. I bought the alum header tank, slosh my tanks,added electric rudder trim, and put bigger elevator . I have finished my wings and tail section. What did you do for elevator trim(speed) and indicator?

airlina
03-19-2013, 05:56 PM
For elevator trim speed (which in its standard configuration can be too fast and touchy) I added a resistor and a fast slow switch to control the speed depending on aircraft speed or configuration. this is one way to do it, although I believe John Mcbean offers a more sophisticated version that will is speed controlled and automatic. (Check the Kitfox parts catalog) . My indicator is the stock version supplied with the kit and has worked fine for me . Bruce Lina N199CL

jtpitkin06
03-20-2013, 06:17 AM
trim speed control here
http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2652

trim indicator here
http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2580

n85ae
03-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Interesting I didn't know this ... I built mine with the nylon piece, it would be
simple to make lacking the template just by the good old fashion: Eyeball, trim, try, repeat method.

In any case templates are not always perfect, since all the planes are built with
some variance anyway. You would need to trim and fit anyway.

Regards,
Jeff

I built a Series 5 and that nylon bearing for the flaperon was deemed not necessary some time ago. I did not use it on mine and after 10 years and 600 hours no ill effects. Bruce Lina N199CL