03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
hi

i search a pilot fly or try powerfine blade

i interested your opinion about this blade

what climb speed and cruise speed ?

david

HighWing
03-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Several years ago, I had two close friends who went to the PowerFin. Both experienced relatively poorer performance in all phases - climb and cruise - compared to what they had been using. One eventually went to the Warp taper tip and the other guy went to the IFA IVO. Both sold those airplanes with the Warp guy building a Rans 6-7 and subsequently buying the IVO guy's airplane to get back into a Kitfox. It now has a Warp.
Lowell

Dravenelle
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
bad news for me

i have a gsc 66" 3 blades on kitfoxII
but my spec is 65 mhp in cruise and 600 fpm
climb at 45 mhp

but i buy a powerfine 70" two blades for better
climb speed

i pay 1000$ to try this propeller

david

HighWing
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
David,
I may have discouraged you needlessly. I checked some of your posts and found that my report was for a Model IV with 912 UL and that is not what you fly. Your experience with your Model II could well be different.
Lowell

Dravenelle
03-15-2013, 07:43 PM
my engine is hks but make test and i give you my spec

JimS
06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
I ran a GSC for years and loved it but went to a Powerfin as I occasionally run into some rain and wanted a blade that could take it better than the GSC. Performance was very nearly the same but had to pitch the Powerfin for lower static or it would easily overspeed in flight. The other thing is the setting of the pitch with using the pin and feeler guage method for the Powerfin wasn't very accurate. Other than that, Both props worked well.

JimS

Dravenelle
06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
i make my final test with my powerfin

before i have gsc 3 blades and i change for powerfin
2 blades for better perf.

but after some test... the result is exactly the same thing

but the sound of my powerfin is very bad for my ear

David