PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox Aircraft LLC Announces New S-LSA

DesertFox4
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
It's official now so I can post this link.:D

http://aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=6f96bfdc-120b-46d3-8629-3796638c276f&#d

A big congrats to John and Deb McBean on the completion of the new Kitfox S-LSA aircraft. This represents a ton of work ,and a ton of government paper work, to get this project completed. Just another indication of the dedication and drive of these two people to bring us the best products and support. Good Luck John and Deb and I envy whoever gets the first Kitfox S-LSA.

John and Deb stopped in Chandler, AZ last night and picked up the Factory Demo and headed out for Sun N Fun. Judd and Clarrisa and the new LSA are fighting thier way through the weather from Homedale to Sun N Fun. Let's hope for some better weather for all our members heading to the big show in Florida.

Pilot4Life
04-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Wow, what a beauty! Congrats to John and Deb. A real eye popper and to think of the hard work and dedication to the Kitfox family for their accomplishment. No doubt we're all proud of what the McBeans are doing. By the way, I looked for a Kitfox Pilot Guide on the website and was unable to find where to buy one. I'd love to get my hands on one to get up to speed on all things Kitfox before purchasing one next year. Does anyone know if they're still available or if an updated version is coming available soon? Please let me know. If you get a chance, please take a look at the 'Flying tailwheel vs trigear' thread and post your thoughts. I'd love more feedback and appreciate all that has already been said by other members.

RandyL
04-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Congrats indeed! Having an S-LSA option will open new opportunities for the Kitfox type with folks who simply don't wish to be builders. It also expands and strengthens the type for all of us in the community... good job John, Debra, & crew! Also, at $84k I think that's a heck of a value!

jdmcbean
04-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Thank you !!

Chris the pilots guide is available.

Well, we are enjoying the wonderful fruits that mother nature has to offer. Fortunately, we are hagared at San Marcos, TX and enjoying some company of good friends at the Rocky Rim Ranch in Wimberley, TX.

Jud and Clarissa finally got away from the snowy weather in Nevada and are currently en-route through El-Paso, TX.

Since we have a little weather related down time we'll try and get the web updated shortly with a link for more info.

Pilot4Life
04-17-2009, 11:17 AM
John,
I'll get my order in for the Kitfox Pilot's Guide in as soon as I get home from Iraq. Do you anticipate, due to the new certification, that there's a crowd out there waiting to purchase a "turn-key" Kiitfox? Has there been that big of an inquiry into the availability of one? It would be great to be an outlet for the company in central Texas. Anyhow, that's years down the road, for me that is. I have another 8 years in the Army before retirement and am seeking potetial "post-retirement" options. I am a young man (30 y/o) and will be retiring young (38 y/o). Looking forward to building an S7 in the next year or two. Thanks for the encouragment and reply. It is nice to see such a great support network and such a great airplane. Possibly visiting family in Washington when I get home. Will y'all be around Homedale this summer? I'll keep checking back as the time for our trip draws closer. Until then, take care.

jdmcbean
04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Chris, you take care as well and thank you for the job you do.

We will be around this summer unless of course we are off to an air show and stuck in weather in "Central Texas" :) Look forward to seeing you in Homedale.

Web Site has been updated...

Bryan
04-26-2009, 06:12 PM
My congrats to John & Debra. The new S-LSA is a beauty. This will certainly be looked at a lot at all the upcoming shows. We all owe so much to these to for keeping our dreams alive. GREAT JOB, and good luck.