PDA

View Full Version : In need of measurments!!

chefwarthog
03-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi every one!!!

I am bilding my garage this spring, the fondation is already done.:D

I need the A & B measuments to know where to put the beam to support the plane from the domer window!

Esser
03-09-2013, 02:32 PM
JF I'm guessing the wings will be folded so make sure you account for that because i think it adds a couple feet

chefwarthog
03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Like you see on the Drawing the wing will be folded, the domer window will be 10' wide to accommodate the Kitfox SS in the storage time, that will leave the floor empty to work on oder project!:rolleyes:

Eric

jiott
03-09-2013, 04:32 PM
My SS7:
A = 14' 1"
B = 5' 1"

These are + or - 1"

Jim

chefwarthog
03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Thank's Jim! those measures will be priceless!!;)

Can someone take a picture of the ss7 of this line of sight to see how close to the ceiling can i winch up my plane.

if you place the prop in a Y position dose the upper tip of the prop, line up with the top of the skylight and the top of the rudder:confused:

What is the measure between the front wing attachement point and the line of sight? (approx)

I know that will be problematic to take!!! :o

Thank's in advance!!!:D

Eric

chefwarthog
03-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Josh, I juste come to understend wath you mean by adding some distance behind the rudder when the wing are fold...... so my drawing is incorect:(

Jim did you take the measurment with wings fold? 14'-1''?

Did a new drawing!;)

Eric

jiott
03-10-2013, 08:23 PM
The measurements I gave are NOT with wings folded; it is just prop hub to the back of the rudder like in your first picture. I cannot do any wings folded measuring because my wings are at the airport and the fuse is in my garage. Also I don't have the prop bolted on yet.

Jim

t j
03-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Chef,
I usually get in trouble posting about a model I know nothing about but here goes anyway. The measurement you are looking for would be the center to center distance of the front and rear wing spars (27.5 inches) plus the length of the wing spars (162 inches) plus the length of the wing tips (I don't know what the ss uses for wing tips).

At most the total measurement will be 201 inches ( 16 feet 9 inches.)

Does that help you any?

HighWing
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Keep in mind that with the wings folded, the CG moves significantly aft. My guess - your suspension point will be near mid Chord or slightly aft of that. Are you planning on a sling that attaches to all four wing mounting bolts?
Lowell

chefwarthog
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I can't thank you enough for those reply guys!!!;) I was thinking to lift it by the two front wing spars point and a third point juste in front of the vertical rudder, where it is the stronger place in the tail.... but the Speedster Tail upper structure is in the way for a solid welded anchor that I can screw in when I need it..... in a previous tread a trailer was suggest for lifting plane, but it will be havy and will cut to much clearing underneath.

I have to figure it all by Friday.... I going at a mtg with the truss factory:rolleyes:

At first I was in the mood to use the Hornet wing tips but I am not sure if we can install a landing light in it... has the standard tips do.:confused:

chefwarthog
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Sorry to bother you with that guys but I really need those measure!!:o

Esser
03-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Chef,
I usually get in trouble posting about a model I know nothing about but here goes anyway. The measurement you are looking for would be the center to center distance of the front and rear wing spars (27.5 inches) plus the length of the wing spars (162 inches) plus the length of the wing tips (I don't know what the ss uses for wing tips).

At most the total measurement will be 201 inches ( 16 feet 9 inches.)

Does that help you any?

I think TJ answered it pretty close here I don't have the actual measurements myself

SomeDay7
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
It is listed on the website under-Kitfox S7 Super Sport Specifications and Performance

Kitfox S7 Super Sport Specifications and Performance

Specs
Wing Span 32 ft
Wing Area 132 ft²
Cabin Width 43”
Length 19’-8”
Wings Folded Length 22’-7”
Wings Folded Width 8’-0”
Height 5’8” Tail Wheel
Height 8’-0” Tri-Gear
Fuel Capacity 27 Gallons Standard
Seats 2 - Side by Side
Baggage Capacity 150 lbs
Flight Load Limits +3.8g / -1.52 Sustained
(+150% Safety Factor) Ultimate loads +5.7g / -3.8g
Empty Weight 750 lbs
Useful Load 800 lbs
Cargo Area 9 ft³
Gross Weight
1320 on Gear
1430 on Floats
1550 optional gear

Performance
Takeoff Ground Roll 290 ft
Landing Ground Roll 270 ft
Rate of Climb 1000 fpm
Vne 140 mph
Top Speed 125 mph
Cruise 120 mph
Stall Vso 41 mph
Endurance 5.4 hours
Range @ 4.8 gph = 612 miles
(with VFR Reserve)
Service Ceiling 16000 MSL

Performance figures are calculated using average pilot weight and pilot skills with standard sea level conditions and powered by the Rotax 912S.

n61kf
03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Eric, also be aware that the center of gravity from which you would suspend the plane moves way aft with the wings folded.

Keith

chefwarthog
03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok i know that some of you had given measurmens.... and by criss-crossing the datas from you guys I manage to find the measures that i need....
so that what it's look like!! I remark on some pictures that when the wings are foled the tail is heavy enough to tip over.... and the main gear is slightly in front of the rear wing spars points..... the CG sould be 6 to 8 inchs or so aft the rear wings attache points wath do you think about it?