PDA

View Full Version : Model 3 wing value

foxkit3
03-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I am going to sell my model 3 wings soon. They are in good shape complete with flaperons. Wondering what would be a fair price to sell them for ??

Chris

avidflyer
03-08-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm having some trouble replying to this post, so if 2 other replys show up later, sorry! I would suggest you provide some more info on the wings. Long or clipped (speed) wings? Fuel tanks? Type and size. Condition of wings and flaperons. Pics are always helpful as well. Thanks, Jim Chuk

foxkit3
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Flaperons are in good shape, no damage. Fuel tanks are right side 13 gallon and left wing has a 5 gallon with a compartment next to it. Tanks are ethanol resistant. Covering is in good condition all poly fiber with poly tone paint. No damage history no corrosion

dholly
03-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Chris-

A couple years ago I sold a set of serviceable model 3 wings including flaperons, lift and jury struts for $3750. NDH or known issues, 6gal aluminum tank w/ dial fuel gauge in right wing. Was asking $4000, knocked a bit off because the buyer also purchased a H.S., elevator and rudder from me at the same time to upgrade his model 2. Lots of response from the Barnstormer's ad and I suspect I would have received full asking price in relatively short order had I wanted.

Of course, that was then and this is now...