PDA

View Full Version : Kebo's Super Sport

kebopa3
02-12-2013, 11:20 PM
It's been a long wait (30 years since I first wanted a Kitfox and 4.5 months since I ordered my kit) but this is a sweet early Valentine's day gift.:)

Hope no one minds but I like the way Esser and Noble are posting there questions, etc to the group through a single thread and plan to do the same.

Happy early Valentine's day everyone.

(I know someone in Michigan is going to happy in a few days. There is another one in the trailer and it is on it's way.)

Kebo

AirFox
02-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Congradulations Kebo! I'm looking forward to following your build. I have been suprised how much fun building the Kit has been. Good luck.

Scott Noble

deejayMB
02-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Green with envy. Have fun, tell us all about it!

akarmy
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Right on. Let the fun begin! If you need motivation later this spring, maybe I can fly out your way and we can go flying! :)

GWright6970
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Kebo,
Welcome to the "obsessed builder's club!" Your extreme patience has paid off!! Happy Valentine's Day to you, for sure!!
Best Wishes,
Grover

Esser
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Super Excited for you. My poor kit is still in storage waiting on my permanent residence. You'll have a blast.

kebopa3
02-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks everyone.

Andy your always welcome. I enjoyed checking out your bird at Arlington last summer. I'm sure it took some of your time polishing the drool off of it! In fact, I sent my Honey a picture of it telling her I was going to get us one just like it. That didn't result in an immediately nod but it got the ball rolling. So in part I credit you with being responsible for the purchase and delivery. So a big thank you goes to you.

Kebo

chefwarthog
02-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes this is the way to celebrate the Valentin day, but it will be more fun when it's finish and take her in a flight picnic.... Ah romance.....

Have fun to put it together!!!! :D

Eric

kebopa3
03-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I thought I'd give an update. I'm about half way through the fuselage section having just varnished the floor boards and epoxy/riveted the adjustable pedal and flapperon brackets to the center console. I should be making airplane sounds, etc soon.

The build manual has been great. It's just like putting flat pack furniture together only way more fun.

Here are some obligatory photos. The rotisserie makes it super easy to rotated for accessing the underside, just lift the tail, rotate and set it down couldn't be easier.

Kebo

jiott
03-03-2013, 10:26 PM
That's a really neat fuse rotisserie, very simple and functional. I have seen several, but not one like yours. I like it.

Jim

DesertFox4
03-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the photos Kebo. Keep after it a little each day. Airplane noises are a right of passage and a neat benchmark for a builder. Make them loudly and proudly. Photos or videos of the event are optional, but if shared with us members, would remain completely confidential. We promise.;)

Glad your finding the build manual easy to follow. I know it was one of Kitfox Aircraft's early priorities to improve on an already very acceptable build manual. One of our moderators, Mark Smith, put copious hours of hard work into streamlining and improving it thereby increasing the user friendliness of the Super Sport manual. Many builders will appreciate and benefit for years to come from that executive decision.

Dave S
03-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Keith,

Great start....I see from your photos that the Kitfox people have continued to make some neat refinements to the kit. In particular, I see that they now have added nutplate tabs for seat compared to the earlier versions and earlier series 7's.:)

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF7 Trigear
912ULS Warp
St Paul, MN

Paul Z
03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Are you planning for a TriGear, or Conventional?

kebopa3
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Paul,
I'm going conventional. Ultimately I'm planning on putting it on floats.
Kebo

AirFox
03-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Keep it coming. I enjoy following along.

Thanks

Scott