PDA

View Full Version : Received my AeroLeds today

inzersv
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I received my Microsun and Pulsar EXP Lights today. I am not an electrician; so I have not much of a clue about wiring. :confused: What size wiring do I need to connect up my lights? I want to string the wires before I cover my wings. I have been told that I will need from 7 gauge to 20 gauge wire for my SS. What size rolls do I need to get to have enough to wire the KF?. What kind of connections do I need? I want to do the quick connect so that I can disconnect the wires when I fold the wings. Are there any easy to understand wiring instructions available out there? I will listen to any advice that anyone has. :o

jiott
01-21-2013, 10:57 PM
The Aeroled website has a very good installation guide for their lights that is a downloadable powerpoint presentation.

Jim

DesertFox4
01-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Why not run all your nav/strobe and landing light wires inside your rear spar out to your wing tips? That is your pivot point when folding your wings. If you do that you never have to disconnect anything just to fold your wings.
All my wires from my wings route down from the rear spar and are connected in a small electrical junction box mounted behind the seat in case I ever have to remove a wing or both wings. My pitot tube has a connector in the line for the same possible situation.

I would think 20 gauge would run those AeroLed's. They don't take much power. Maybe the instructions say what gauge to use. Use good quality aircraft wiring. All sizes/colors are available from our site sponsor, SteinAir. http://www.steinair.com/store.cfm?tlcatid=32