PDA

View Full Version : Dynon D10A

Dorsal
03-29-2009, 05:01 AM
I will be using a D10A in my instrument panel and am wondering if I need the remote compass unit, anyone have experience with this?

David McCormick
03-29-2009, 09:03 AM
No, not needed. the D10A is one of the best additions to my panel

darinh
03-29-2009, 10:00 AM
You don't need it but without you will not have a magnetic heading display. I can't remember but does the HSI page use the remote compass also or is that controlled via a seperate device (i.e. SL30, GPS, etc)?

DesertFox4
03-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Dorsal, The Dynons' are great units. I would personally want the compass functional on it. It seems like I've heard of Dynon users having the best luck with accuracy mounting the remote compass unit out at the end of the wing away from all the steel tubing. Not at all hard to do if you can remove the wing tip. Run wires out your rear spar to the unit.

Dorsal
03-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Dave,
Thanks thats just what I wanted to know.

Darin, Steve
The D10A has the compass built in so you only need the remote unit if the panel mount won't calibrate.

Mike,
No it does not use GPS to create AH, I have heard good things about the grand rapids also but preferred the Dynon.

darinh
03-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I have a D100 in my 7 and love it. I do have the remote compass in the wingtip and have the unit connected to my GPS to display GS, Winds aloft, etc. I love it and no the Dynon does not require GPS for the AH to work.

I think you will get a pretty good swing on your compass in the panel...at least I do with my wet compass. I don't remember the exact value but it is more than a handful of degress.