PDA

View Full Version : Another new Kitfox owner

Gawilkie
11-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Hello everyone, new to this. Just purchased a 5 model tri gear that was on BStormers. Got it home and can't wait to get started finishing it.

Av8r3400
11-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I started you your own new thread to introduce yourself.

Welcome!

Av8r_Sed
11-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey George,
Good to hear you've found a use for your spare time and $$$. You should find it pretty rewarding. Post some pictures when you get a chance. The peanut gallery stands by for support.

Papa Beach
11-27-2012, 10:28 PM
And a big welcome from a fellow tri-gear driver! I know very little about the building process but can assure you the flying process in a Kitfox is unlike anything else. You are in for the time of your life!

chefwarthog
11-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Welcome aboard George!!!!

Fee for new members...... Is to post pictures.... lots of pictures!!:D

Eric

Gawilkie
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi guys, no pictures yet, lots of pieces and parts but not much to show. Still trying to determine what's right and what's not. Mostly right but not all. Got an issue with an elongated hole on a real spar pivot point point on the wing spar. Maybe bush it ? The wings are factory quick built so I'm pretty sure this hole happened later. The question is how to fix it.

Thanks for the welcome everyone I've learned a lot already.

George

Grady
11-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Good to see new members! Go Kitfox!:D

BigJohn
11-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Great to have a new Kitfoxer, If I may make a couple of suggestions, you may want to contact John at Kitfox and find out just what modifications are available for the 5. I made several to my 5 all of which were great benefits, New landing gear vs old bungie type, larger elevator, and the spring unit added on to the flapperons. Good idea to make as many of the changes while finishing vs doing them later. I also added NW Aero VG's and it made considerable improvement on slow flight control and decreasing the stall speed.