PDA

View Full Version : Landing light

jeffbock
10-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Any experience installing the Microsun (LED) landing light in the molded wingtips from Kitfox? Looks to be a tight fit if I do any trimming of the fiberglass wingtip. Will be using the Kestrel LSA Nav lights as they sure look like the way to go. jb

War Eagle
10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I installed the Aeroleds product in my Kitfox Series 7 wingtips.

Have you looked at the Aeroleds Nav light offering?

Tom T
10-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I used the SunLite product in my RV and plan on the MicroSun in my Kitfox 7. I know John McBean has three of these in the factory demo he flies, two in the wingtips and one in the center cowl inlet.

Also, the Pulsar NSPs are more than the other product your looking at but that's what I plan on using for Nav/Strobe/Position lights.

So far as installation goes, unless you have the short wing tips you should be able to get them in with room to spare.
Tom T

jeffbock
10-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I do have the factory short wingtips that have the moldings for both the Microsun and navlights. Wasn't sure about the mounting bracket for the landing light but if I do much trimming on the fiberglass it's going to be close.

jdmcbean
10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Jeff...
You shouldn't need a "mounting bracket" and very little triming of the tip should be required. There will be some body work to get a good fit.. but they are pretty close...