PDA

View Full Version : Wiring

jeffbock
09-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Close to running wiring and wondering about methods. Will have nav/strobe on each wing, one landing light on one side, Two lines for AOA pitot, and if the ADHRS goes out on the wing.
Because of the fuel tank I see it will all have to be routed behind the aft spar on ribs 1,2,&3. Need advice on conduit and possibly quick disconnects.

War Eagle
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
If you have any kind of wingtips you can run the wire down the rear spar and then into the cabin. This is what I did and didn't have to install any kind of disconnect in order to fold the wing.

cap01
09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Like war eagle , my IV has the wiring as well as pitot poly tubing in the aft spar . I did install disconnects at the tips . I have had to remove the wings and wished that I had installed disconnects at the wing roots or cabin . I used that black split conduit like they use in cars for the wires in the spar . Used spot tie every so often to prevent the conduit from splitting in the spar

Dorsal
09-29-2012, 06:29 AM
I also ran everything through the rear spar, AOA, tip lights and ADHRS.

AVDOC
10-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Jeffbock

I put in the dynon skyview, AOA pitot head, detachable tips, put the outside air temp sensor inside. Ran spare wiring to accommodate an led landing light. Also put LED. Strip lighting to provide a nice contrast to better see the gas fuel site lines/gauge.

If you want to drop down by plane or car to the hanger at carlin bay on lake cda ,would luv to interact on projects. This time around doing kf4 speedster

Advise. Tom Stuart. Coeur dAlene