PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions Help on a 7

Tom T
09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
I've looked at the Kitfox site and done some searches but don't seem to be able to find these dimensions.

This is a 7 with a rotax hung:

wing panel length from root to last rib (no tip installed)

fuselage length firewall to back of vertical (no rudder installed)

fuselage length crank flange to back of vertical (no rudder installed)

height for tri-gear top of greenhouse

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tom

MotReklaw
09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
My 7 wing is 160 inches (13'4")

I've looked at the Kitfox site and done some searches but don't seem to be able to find these dimensions.

This is a 7 with a rotax hung:

wing panel length from root to last rib (no tip installed)

Tom

jtpitkin06
09-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Tom T,

Part of the purchase contract of a Kitfox is an agreement not to disclose or publish any proprietary information such as dimensions, construction manuals or plans, etc. Because of the wonderful support we get from the McBeans I try to respect that agreement.

At the same time there are some legitimate reasons to request certain dimensions such as confirming if it will fit inside a particular garage, cargo trailer or shipping container. There are enough specification sheets and drawings available to extrapolate the dimensions you are requesting without violating the contract. Go to the Kitfox LLC site and look at the painting template.

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/images/PDF/S7%20%20Super%20Sport%20-%20Paint%20Template.pdf

Enlarge the templates, make an appropriate scale and pull off the measurements you desire.

I hope this helps.

John Pitkin
Greenville, Texas

Tom T
09-14-2012, 10:03 PM
John and Tommy,
Thanks for the info.

As you may of guessed I was trying to determine some measurements for the purpose of transportation of a project.

Tomorrow I will be at a Kitfox gathering and have the opportunity to gather the information in a more direct fashion. I'll do my part not to reveal it also.

Thanks again.
Tom