PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle again!

avidflyer
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi all, Last Oct 21 I blew an oil line on my Avid MK IV and ended up landing in a short (to short ) field. Ended up upside down at the end of the field after tangleing with a fence and ditch. No injuries to myself or my passenger though so there was one bright side. Last May I bought another Avid MK IV, this time with a 582. It turned out that the engine had scored cylinderes and one scuffed piston, so I had the engine overhauled. Been real busy this summer and so I wasn't able to work on the plane as much as I wanted to. Finally had it ready to go and so tonight I hauled it to the nearest airport with a grass strip to give it a go. Plane hadn't flown for over 6 months, so 'it' was a bit rusty, but pretty soon 'it' caught on and flew like 'it' was supposed to. I ended up flying it back to my grass strip at my place and did a few more landings there till darkness shut me down. Sure felt good to be back in the saddle again! Been flying for about 12 years and that was by far the longest stretch without being in the air. Take care all, Jim Chuk

rwaltman
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Plane hadn't flown for over 6 months, so 'it' was a bit rusty, but pretty soon 'it' caught on and flew like 'it' was supposed to.

Yeah, "they" forget easily, unlike us.
Congratulations!

Roberto.

Dick B in KY
09-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Glad to hear you are aviating again. "It" will come around real quick, with a little workout. Keep safe and happy landings.

Dick B