PDA

View Full Version : I'm in! IV-1200

deejayel
08-19-2012, 05:46 PM
After my first ride in a kitfox 15 years ago, I finally brought home my own!

So now I gotta get this thing figured out. I'll post questions need-to-know.

This is going to be fun!!

dholly
08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Let me be the first to offer a high five, congratulations! :)

Av8r3400
08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Second for the congratulations! The model IV is a blast to fly you are going to have a ball!

DesertFox4
08-19-2012, 07:10 PM
HNKD - Happy New Kitfox Day.:)

rogerh12
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I am still building one too, and getting close to covering the fuse and wings, so let me know if you have questions.

What year was yours made?
Did yours come with pre-jigged wings like mine?
What engine will you use?
Also, mine has the factor noise wheel kit, what about yours?

Roger

inzersv
08-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Congratulations Deejayel. Started building the SS7 in March and just finished rigging the wings and installing the #1 rib. Ready to do the Butt Rib and begin installing the fuel tanks. Haven't had this much fun in I don't know how long. Getting some quality time with grandchildren who love to give gramps a helping hand. Now your adventure begins. Welcome aboard.

GWright6970
08-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club! It appears that several of us now are all working on Model IV-1200's. This coming year, maybe year and a half to two, will be a time to remember! Please Post Pictures!!

HansLab
08-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Congrets from Over-See as well! I'm building a IV-speedster, too. Have a peek at my blog (http://kitfoxclassiciv.blogspot.nl/) (unfortunately in Dutch, but I'm sure you'll get along with the pics and the Google-translate-mode) - ask any question you like (KitFox-wise..): long-live Internet & this forum!!

rwaltman
08-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Welcome on board!

deejayel
08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
I am still building one too, and getting close to covering the fuse and wings, so let me know if you have questions.

What year was yours made?
Did yours come with pre-jigged wings like mine?
What engine will you use?
Also, mine has the factor noise wheel kit, what about yours?

Roger

I purchased mine complete. Sorry for taking the shortcut! So I don't know about the wings. The engine is a Rotax Rick's 618 with a custom exhaust. Also has the grove landing gear. The airplane was finished this past year and it is immaculate!

First flight today. Great fun. More tomorrow. I'll have to take pictures first then figure out how to post them. ha!

BStewart
08-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Ok, I guess I'm joining the fun as well. I just bought a 1993 vintage IV-1200. I just got it home on Friday and can't wait to get started.

GWright6970
08-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Bryon,
YES! Excellent post!

How far along are you? (I am nearing either the install an engine or the covering stage.... depending on how one approaches it!)

I live up in Vacaville, not far from you.

Welcome to the flight!
Grover

BStewart
08-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi Grover

The kit has almost no work done. Most of the parts are still in the original packing with the tags still attached. I'm still inventoring the kit right now. I hope to get started building very soon.

Good to have fellow builders fairly close by.