PDA

View Full Version : wing tank conversion

LOOPED
08-07-2012, 04:45 PM
i have a kf1 that i have had for 20 years. while flying around the house on monday it started to rain fuel from the left wing tank, after landing at home i inspected the tank it was split, now i am contemplating changing from a 6 gallon to a 13 gallon tank from kitfox and am looking for advice on what is all involved. any help would be great thanks, Looped

cap01
08-07-2012, 11:34 PM
I replace both of my wing tanks over a couple of winters . I originally had two six gallon tanks and just wasn't enough gas to travel any distance . There are some pictures of the project in my album . Be sure to do the rinsing with acetone as I got a lot of crap out of mine doing the rinse .

Dave F
08-11-2012, 04:46 AM
I have not used these yet but If I need a tank I will definately explore this option

http://wingtanks.com/

kitfoxnick
08-11-2012, 05:11 AM
I have done the wing tanks twice. I would only recommend the poly tanks from wing tanks if your going to do the 6 gallon. If you do a search on this topic you will find the pros and cons of each setup.

LOOPED
08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
thanks for the replys, after looking at my options i think the tanks from kitfox are the my best. i will be ordering them this week