PDA

View Full Version : Parts

Dorsal
02-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I am looking for part numbers or suggested sources for two simple parts, one is a shut-off valve for the standard 912 cabin heater, the other a fuel level detector for the header tank (shown as optional in the instructions).
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

vetdrem
02-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I bought a shutoff valve for my 912ul at the local autoparts store. I am not sure, but I think that it was a heater shutoff valve for a '77 dodge pickup. it has 5/8" barb fittings on both ends and a bracket to attach the control cable. I works great, and only cost 8 or 10 bucks.

Louie

Dave S
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know if anyone else has experimented with this; however, I used a ball valve designed for PEX plumbing installations - available at places like Home depot, etc. This was an act of desparation - my first flight was conducted with an OAT of 89 degrees and no ventilation.....needed to get that fixed:D real quick. The PEX ball valves have barb type ends to hook to the PEX tubing - also works on heater hose - found one that has the right diameter (5/8"). So far, this is the only joints that I have NOT had trouble with dripping, other than the barb fittings on the heater core. Nice thing about a ball valve is that when it is in the open position - it's a straight through shot for the coolant with no restrictions less that ID of the tubing. I do not have a cabin control for shutting it off - it is either set open or closed (or partial) before startup.

Sincerely,

Dave S
K7 Trigear 912 ULS
St Paul, MN

hansedj
02-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Went to my local hardware store (owner a pilot) and set up this ball value. Turn it on in winter and off in summer no leaks so far. I'm sure John McBean has the low fuel warning kit.