PDA

View Full Version : Don't text and land ...

rwaltman
07-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I have no words to describe this.
Checking who is calling your cellphone while on final ?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKjDyXNwlho

(fast forward one minute)

Roberto.

napierm
07-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Well, hey, you've got to give it to her for multitasking. :D In a tail-dragger PA20 no less. My 1st priority would be keeping that twitchy plane on center line :eek: but to each his/her own.

akflyer
07-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Not sure whats so twitchy about a PA20.. and what the difference between a 1 second check on who is calling and resetting you DG or fiddling with something else on the panel??

rwaltman
07-24-2012, 07:18 PM
... and what the difference between a 1 second check on who is calling and resetting you DG or fiddling with something else on the panel??

The later two are related to the task at hand in a phase of the flight that requires your full attention, (and maybe should not be done either.)
The first one is not.

kitfoxnick
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
That title had me thinking she was texting. I don't think it was a big deal she just glanced at her phone a half mile out.

bbryan
07-27-2012, 09:10 PM
l would fly with her any day of the week. looked competent to me.

Esser
07-27-2012, 10:08 PM
maybe she was looking at her foreflight app to make sure she was indeed on final.
:rolleyes:

Paul Z
07-28-2012, 07:08 AM
l definitely would fly with her any day. In my opinion she reacted normally, the phone rang and distracted her, she responded, glanced at the phone, and then put it back on the dash. She definitely looked to be competent flying the PA20. In my opinion she reacted normally, scanning and then getting back to business of flying. Not only was she competent, but also because she is cute, and there is not a lot of room in a PA20, my DOMC (Dirty Old Man Comment). ;)

Dave F
07-28-2012, 08:58 AM
She looked like a very competent pliot.
No reason to dis-credit this gal

she very in tune............. to what she is doing
a real natural in my opinion.

PS I put up a few more Kitfox movies today.......

KF 5 in my place -- I think wasa factory demo with continental

guy chaged his Grove to 3 leaf tailspring from Mc Bean after wiping out his rudder with the Grove Failure.

Tom Waid
07-28-2012, 09:03 AM
maybe she was looking at her foreflight app to make sure she was indeed on final.
:rolleyes:

Perhaps these guys should have done that! (http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3795)