PDA

View Full Version : converson to tricycle

jflyer
07-01-2012, 08:13 AM
thanks to steve k. giving me a ride in his tricycle. i now have converted my 4 speedster to a tricycle. it used to be like herding cats down the runway now it acts like it is glued to the centerline both taking off and landing. what a dream to fly now.

DesertFox4
07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Glad it worked out for you. Have fun.

avidflyer
07-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Is it a castoring nose wheel or is it tied into the rudder pedals? Thanks, Jim Chuk

jflyer
07-02-2012, 04:55 AM
yes it is a castering nosewheel. you cannot believe the before and after.

hambrickent
10-07-2019, 04:21 PM
What kind of gear did you use for the conversion.

DesertFox4
10-07-2019, 05:44 PM
The person you are asking the question to hasn’t been on the forums since 2014 however I believe he had Grove gear. He likely purchased the model 4 nose gear from Kitfox Aircraft.

bogmonster
10-08-2019, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=DesertFox4;87630]The person you are askingtrue, but I still have my dad's kitfox. I removed the nose wheel and went back to taildragger.

Grove gear. Nose wheel from kitfox, I believe from a kf5. I just sent someone a copy of the invoice.

I hate to hijack someone else's thread, but thinking of maybe selling, would be best to convert back to tricycle or just leave it and sell the nose gear with the plane???

Mike

PapuaPilot
10-08-2019, 07:47 AM
I hate to hijack someone else's thread, but thinking of maybe selling, would be best to convert back to tricycle or just leave it and sell the nose gear with the plane???

Mike

Just leave it as a tailwheel and mention the trike conversion. Most people are looking for a tailwheel.

DesertFox4
10-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Mike, I would follow Phil’s advice.
Remember TeamKitfox.com has a classified section where you can list it for sale if you decide to sell. As hard as the model 5’s through 7’s are to find, the model 4’s are moving pretty briskly. Maybe one of our members needs a nice model 4.

One a personal note Mike, I think about your father often and the great time we had flying that day, visiting friends at their airpark strips and showing him flying in Arizona. Enjoyed every minute with him. That was a very good day.👍😀

bogmonster
10-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words. We'll see what happens with the KF. I currently have 4 airplanes and am looking to buy another one shortly. Just not enough time to keep them all in the air.