PDA

View Full Version : Socialflight.com website

P Morel
06-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Just returned from Seattle area and I fell in love with the area. Wish I had my plane with me during the fabulous weather this past week.

There is a website http://socialflight.com that shows all the flying functions in the country from pancake breakfast to full blown air shows.

Also want to share this APP for your iPad and iPhone with those who are always looking for a place to fly to. This app will show flying events from pancake
breakfast to full blown air shows within any distance radius you want. There's
lots of great other features built into the app that you'll like too.

Social Flight app was developed by a good friend of mine, Jeff Simon, and would like it shared by all. Getting the app approved by iTunes wasn't an easy task but it's now available there. Giving a review will help keeping it available
for more to use. Please share this with all your friends. For those of you
that aren't pilots, a simple "Cool App!" or "What a great way to find places to
see air shows" would do just fine.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/socialflight/id533008888?ls=1&mt=8

Let me know what you think and how it can be improved.

Dorsal
06-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Just returned from Seattle area and I fell in love with the area. Wish I had my plane with me during the fabulous weather this past week.

There is a website http://socialflight.com that shows all the flying functions in the country from pancake breakfast to full blown air shows.

Also want to share this APP for your iPad and iPhone with those who are always looking for a place to fly to. This app will show flying events from pancake
breakfast to full blown air shows within any distance radius you want. There's
lots of great other features built into the app that you'll like too.

Social Flight app was developed by a good friend of mine, Jeff Simon, and would like it shared by all. Getting the app approved by iTunes wasn't an easy task but it's now available there. Giving a review will help keeping it available
for more to use. Please share this with all your friends. For those of you
that aren't pilots, a simple "Cool App!" or "What a great way to find places to
see air shows" would do just fine.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/socialflight/id533008888?ls=1&mt=8

Let me know what you think and how it can be improved.
Nice website!
Any chance it is or will be available for Android?
(Might be good for this to be on a separate thread)

Esser
06-17-2012, 04:49 AM
Maybe we should start a separate thread about this.

As for the website it was great until I couldnt register as a Canadian:(

DesertFox4
06-17-2012, 08:17 AM
This thread was moved from the "Where I fly" thread.

cap01
06-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Looks like a good app but it wouldn't work for me . It never stopped loading airports and events after registration

cainbird
06-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I just loaded the app on my iPad and it has worked fine for me so far. Cool app!
Cain B

cap01
06-17-2012, 10:47 AM
No luck , tried again . I can log in the socialflight site and it works . If I use the app I get the never ending please wait msg with on other functions working

P Morel
06-17-2012, 06:22 PM
No luck , tried again . I can log in the socialflight site and it works . If I use the app I get the never ending please wait msg with on other functions working

Hi Chuck

I emailed your problem to Socialflight and they were very quick to respond to it. Here's a cut/paste of their reply:

" I apologize for the problem. Please try shutting down the app and re-start (double tap on home button, then hold down on the SocialFlight icon and close the app). Loading should take only a minute or so. I've seen this a few times and I'm trying to track down the problem. "

Pleas let me know if it keeps happening, so I can learn more about the issue. It's hard for us to reproduce.

BTW - Socialflight works with the Android too.

P Morel
06-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Maybe we should start a separate thread about this.

As for the website it was great until I couldnt register as a Canadian:(

Talked to Socialflight and Canada will soon be up and running on Socialflight.:)

cap01
06-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Paul , the fix worked good , nice app , lots of info