PDA

View Full Version : flying addiction

vixenrookie
05-16-2012, 08:15 AM
so im new to this flying sport and took my first beginner flight in a 172. i can see how this can be very addicting and want to be airborne 24/7. the landing and take off had my heart pounding a little faster than normal. i truly sucked at taxiing but i hope that gets better with time. i need to make a trip to Mcbean's and ride the true kraft i will be learning in. this sport is deffently an elephant for the new person. i now .7 in my log book,39.3 to go!
just a post for the rookies that have second thoughts, as nike would say" just do It".

SkySteve
05-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Vixenrookie,
Thanks for your post. We all understand your excitment and trepidation. I use to think I could qualify as a basketball as I would bounce a 172 down the runway, from side to side of that 150 ft wide runway. I would not want to own that trainer. It WILL become second nature to you and you WILL be able to taxi with confidence. You are exactly correct when you refer to flying as an addiction, and what a great addiction it is. Welcome to the club where you can leave the earth at your will. Have fun and study hard.

Dorsal
05-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Be warned, as far as I know once the adiction has set in, there is no cure :D
Enjoy the ride!

vixenrookie
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
im starting to realize this , i get flight farts all day now! :)

Monocock
05-16-2012, 11:13 PM
im starting to realize this , i get flight farts all day now! :)

What's a flight fart?

Esser
05-17-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm guessing its like a brain fart. Where you aren't paying attention to the task at hand. Although this time it's cause you are day dreaming about flying. Just my guess.

Dorsal
05-17-2012, 05:37 AM
That has certainly happened to me in more than a few long meetings :rolleyes:

t j
05-17-2012, 05:58 AM
A fartin horse will never tire, a fartin man's the one to hire.

vixenrookie
05-17-2012, 08:01 AM
flight fart,the point where all your surroundings are a blurr and only thing you see clear is the blue sky above and terrain below. then you blink and see your sitting across from that boss you want to throttle!

foxkit3
05-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Did anybody tell you that when you get your pilot license it comes with devorce papers. LOL. unless she likes to fly also. Flying is therpy, have a bad day at work go flying, Its all good after that.

vixenrookie
05-17-2012, 10:58 AM
i think fishing,quad riding, camping,hunting all come with a divorce papers! flying is just icing on the cake.

Slyfox
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Unless you find someone that is your sole mate. I have one of those. 35years this coming january. She loves to fish, oh my. Of course I better get her on the fish. Last weekend I gave her one of my bass 6lb. fish, she had a ball. Of course I caught three 6lb fish, two 7lb fish, and a 4lb fish on that round. two hour block of time. But she got one good one, oh she also got a 4lb fish also. But my point, flying, fishing, what ever you do, make her a part. Sunday night I took her up for a night flight, she loved it. I fly every day, I get up at 5 am and fly for about an hour before work right now. Now does she come along, no way, that's MY time. divorce, what the frick is that.

Now my addiction, yup, flying for sure. Try 2200 hrs in 7 years.

vixenrookie
05-17-2012, 01:01 PM
i can say i have a good catch to, she loves to read books i love to be outside and she let me do it. 26 years later , i spend my money ,she spend hers,,guess i cant beat that with a stick! :)

AirFox
05-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Slyfox >> "Now my addiction, yup, flying for sure. Try 2200 hrs in 7 years."

On top of a good marriage - Now that's something to put in my bucket list.

Esser
05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Did anybody tell you that when you get your pilot license it comes with devorce papers. LOL. unless she likes to fly also. Flying is therpy, have a bad day at work go flying, Its all good after that.

She flies for a living. So I am the dull one. But I am more of a plane nerd than her. It's a good relationship when the only fights we have are over who has control haha.