PDA

View Full Version : fun on the beach

jamesmil
05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
just a few pic,s on the beach, the tide was super low from the phase of the moon. this is a 10 mile long uninhabited island that we land on called masonboro island.:D

SkySteve
05-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like a great place to explore. You have a very nice looking plane.

inzersv
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Beautiful airplane. Do you have another photo of your panel? I like what I see of it. If you do, post it in "Show us Your Panel" thread for all of our enjoyment; besides I am still trying to decide what to go with on my SS7. Thanks in advance.

jamesmil
05-07-2012, 10:16 AM
thank you inzersv,i have posted the panel on show us your panel but it,s been a while so here is anouther pic.
the finish on it is from a rattle can product i got from lowes for 5.99 and is as tough as nails. cant remember the name of it but will get it if you want.

Pilot4Life
05-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Jamesmil,
I, too, like the look of that panel. The 696 is a great piece to compliment the rest of the Garmin package. I would like to know, if nobody else, what product you used to paint the panel. It gives it a soft, sofisticated (Professional) look...not to mention it's tough as nails. It looks like some type of Krylon "Rattle Can" product...i.e. "Outdoor Spaces" Textured Paint or "Make it Stone"...Khaki color. Is this correct? Looking forward to seeing more of your plane as the adventure continues.

BTW, is that 10 mile island for sale? Haha! An east coast "Kitfox Airpark" perhaps? What a great place to be able to land!

Slyfox
05-07-2012, 01:12 PM
the 696 is super fine, I have one. But what about flight inst.

DanB
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM
My turn to be envious...sweet looking shots over and on the beach. Great looking paint scheme!
Dan

jamesmil
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM
hi pilot4life, we used rust-oleum multicolor textured, it comes in about 5 colors and is so tough mek won,t cut it after about 5 min.
a tip on labeling for switches and c/b,s. paint a smooth paint with the shade you want where you want your labels to go. after that dries use vinyl fine line tape to mask where the labels go. after the top coat is put on you can apply the labels on the smooth area. i used a brother label maker with clear label material. you might have to make a few to make it fit like you want.
go lightly with the first couple of coats as the top coat will soften the smooth paint below, thats how i know about the mek.:confused:

jamesmil
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
slyfox, sorry i meant to reply to you on the 696 on the previous reply.
we are using the g3x which has all fliight and engine instruments in one.
also the 330 transponder with traffic.

Slyfox
05-07-2012, 03:26 PM
wow, that's kool. I take it you like it very much

DanB
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
slyfox, sorry i meant to reply to you on the 696 on the previous reply.
we are using the g3x which has all fliight and engine instruments in one.
also the 330 transponder with traffic.
James how does that traffic work for you? Now really jealous ;)

jamesmil
05-07-2012, 04:01 PM
slyfox,old dog new tricks:o i some times wish for 6 pack gages and needls.

jamesmil
05-07-2012, 04:25 PM
danB, still learning,she will some times say"traffic" and we don,t see it on the g3x or out side.if your on the map page and they are squaking you will see the symbol. if you are on the pfd page they will show if close and the closer they are the larger the symbol will be.
was at 7500' the other day and a large symbol came up on the screen with no audio warning, must have been a ghost.

mr bill
05-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Where did you get the "marked" rocker switches? Nicely done by the way!

MotReklaw
05-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Excuse me for butting in.

for the switches try: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/aveoRockRack.php

they are nice looking aren't they.

GDN
05-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Have the same switches very nice looking and functioning but a little bit big for a kit fox's panel :o

Monocock
05-09-2012, 04:03 AM
James

That's a beautiful Kitfox. One of the nicest paint schemes I have seen.

Out of interest, what make/size tyres have you got there and are they on Cleveland rims? They are exactly the size I would like on mine.

PS. Really pleased to see you chose the Kiev prop. I bet you love it!!!!

jamesmil
05-09-2012, 06:33 AM
thank you monocock, my partner jim hunter came up with the paint scheme and we are really happy with it. the tires are a standard 8.50x6 on 6" grove wheels as supplyed by kitfox. we ordered the tires and wheels when we orded the kit.
i,m sure if you call john at kitfox he can hook you up.
and your right about the kiev prop. thanks again.

GWright6970
05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
This must be great pictures month.... and I missed the memo!!! Great pictures! Please add me to the list of those that like the paint scheme you guys chose! :D

jamesmil
05-20-2012, 12:35 PM
more fun on the beach,today was the first good day for beach landing in a while and with the low thats off of sc, and forcast to move north it may be four or five days till we get to fly again.:(