PDA

View Full Version : One more Super Sport to add to the list.

AirFox
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I ordered my Super Sport 7 Saturday. I flew over to Homedale to get a Demo ride and a factory tour. The ride convinced me to order the kit. Unfortunately the delivery date is not until October. I got the last September Delivery date. The plan is to build a tailwheel version. I ordered everything for the firewall back. I purchased the Leading edge kit along with several of the other options. Hope the Rotax 912 IS FWF is ready when I finish the firewall back. I'm looking forward to working with TeamKitfox!

DesertFox4
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Congrats. to you too AirFox. Great option choice on the Laker Leading Edge.

jamesmil
05-02-2012, 06:36 AM
airfox your going to love the ss. first flew 92mh on 4/10/12 and love it.also the composit leading edge really trims out the wings.
as far as the 912is over the 912uls i dont think the 912is is worth the extra money, before i spent that much more money i would take a hard look at the lycoming 233xp. just my opinion.:)
your going to find the forum a great help with your build as we did and the mcbean's allways just a phone call away. have fun with your build.

jiott
05-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome Airfox. I am the neighbor you have been talking to. Portland Oregon is starting to get on the map Kitfox wise. I only wish we had an EAA chapter nearby with more than just Van's RV builders. The closest chapters are in Mulino and way over near Hillsboro.

Jim

AirFox
06-12-2012, 03:59 PM
What kind of stats are you getting with your Leading Edge kit? Top speed, rate of climb, stall speed?

jamesmil
06-12-2012, 05:17 PM
airfox, we are seeing 113 to 114 mph at 5300 rpm with a 1000 fpm climb at gross. when i am by my self and lite on fuel 1500 to 1600 is real easy to maintain just hard to see over the nose at those climb rates.
we have the prop set for climb at 5100 static and it will go past red line very easy in level flight.
as for stall speed as i recall clean 48 mph, with one notch flaps was about 42mph. really didn,t do many stalls as they were pretty much a non event. couldnt get a clean spin break either but i know i could have snaped it in.

AirFox
06-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. That is what I wanted to hear. Thanks James