PDA

View Full Version : Mgl v10

HighWing
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Anyone running this com radio? I powered up my panel yesterday and Voila the V10 powered up as well and after reading the manual cover to cover, I can't find any reference to an on off switch. Anyone have any clues for me.
Lowell

DBVZ
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM
It is all in how it is engineered. My EFIS is intended to come on with the master too, and be on when you start the engine so you get oil pressure and temp immediately. So it is possible to buffer the power such that starting when on is not a problem. Perhaps that is what they did. But you may need to read the entire manual or do an online search to confirm that.

cap01
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Both my a210 and garmin xponder are set up to come on when the radio master is turned on . As I recall there was a additional wire in the harness that was connected to power to make this function work .

TahoeTim
03-22-2012, 06:55 AM
I have the same radio. I just wired it to a radio switch in my dash. My powers on automatically and I never found a combo of button presses to turn it off.

HighWing
03-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, the manual mentions that internal circuitry is in place to protect it from spikes from start, shutdown etc. I guess I am just too familiar with the old days where we were able to simply turn things off when we wanted them off. I guess I could wire in a separate switch.
Lowell