PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox of the Month March 2012 Vincent Ruchet

DesertFox4
02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
A mail from Switzerland, then sorry for my basic English.
I already finish my Kitfox 4 since few month then I would like to share my project for your KOTM...

My name is: Vincent Ruchet, my "TeamKitfox" login is: vruchet My city is: Villy sous Ollon / Switzerland My Kitfox is: Model 4, 1050 Speedster n°1587 My engine and propeller is: Rotax 912 UL with Arplast 175 DWAP 62/3 Project started in 2002 until juillet 2011

It was a long and not really easy project, first because I bought my kit of second hand and incomplete, second because all its always complicated in Swiss, third i was alone in the project...

I made a small website : www.HBYLN. (http://www.hbyln.com/)com to share my construction, but it still in French at this time im sorry... I will translate soon...

Today I flew only 35hours. And she (it) still in "testing program". But its always an incredible moment when I fly with... The flight characteristics are very good: 90Kts with 5200Rpm ... Like you know, usually the Kitfox4 is really differing, but during the construction I decide to upgrade it to Speedster modele... Same for the cockpit, I took as a starting point the model 5 and i used carbon fibre for central console etc...

For the engine, i installed water and oil thermostat. And inside the cockpit I put a big radiator heater (great for winter in Swiss). My wife made for me a new seat, the original was not comfortable (I am tall :))... And finally to won
4 Kilograms, I replaced the original battery with Lithium Polymer Fe accumulator and its really nice to start during winter!

OK I hope you will receive all my pics, and again thanks for your website !!!
Its very interesting to know the Kitfox community.......

My best regards from Switzerland.. Vincent

DesertFox4
02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Well folks, it's been quite a while since I've received a KOTM submission. If patience has it's rewards then we've been well rewarded with Vincent's model 4 for March 2012.

Congratulations Vincent on a fantastic Kitfox build. The workmanship is exquisite throughout.

Dick B in KY
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Nice, very nice! Your aircraft looks great. Enjoy your flying.

Dick B

cap01
02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Vincent, very nice work . A 1050 speedster, interesting . I am wondering about the speedster tail , did your airframe come with the large tail? I have sn 1563 and it's a 1050 with the small tail
Looks like fun flying where you are .

Av8r_Sed
02-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Vincent,
I had to come back and view your photographs a second time, they're so nice. You have paid beautiful attention to detail everywhere on the ship. You must be very proud of your workmanship.

I only hope that my next project comes close the the kind of work you've done.

-- Paul S

vruchet
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
hello Paul... Thanks for your nice words :o
My Kitfox its a bit my love story... But my wife must not know that
And im sure your plane will be beautiful....

Thanks again,Vincent

vruchet
02-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Hello Chuck.
My Kitfox 1587 come with the small tail. I modify to have a serie 5 look... but it was a bit looooong work. For me its easy, bcos a good friend have a serie 5, then i spy and made :p... Regards from Switzerland Vincent

inzersv
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Vincent,
Thank you for sharing your beautiful airplane with us. I begin building my SS7 next month and have printed a picture of your airplane to hang in my shop so that I will never become satisfied with good enough. Your workmanship is the best!

Av8r_Sed
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I have to ask, why are the cowl bumps cut and opened up? I've never seen this done on a Kitfox before.

-- Paul S

cap01
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
vincent in switzerland , even being a lot of work , it should be worth it to you . when i acquired my kit the fabric was already installed and painted . i regret not making the time then to modify the tail to the speedster size . now im flying i dont want to take her out of service for that long to change it now . during the winter months last year and the year before i did take her out of service to replace the gas tanks , maybe next winter for the tail .
your attention to detail is to be admired .
regards from the pacific northwest , we do have mountains here also but nothing like yours

vruchet
02-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Hello Paul... Hem.. for the design... Maybe i lost one knot for that :D... She look a little bit more agressive and less old :p

vruchet
02-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Hello Chuck... Thanks for your nice words. It was long to modify the tail. Bcos i made the speedster kit myself, USA its looong way ;) for the post...
I think you must take 2 month min. to modify your tail, but the winter will be perfect for a big work lie this. And after will have a very different Kitfox :)... Thats right Chuck, here we have montain, montain and again montain... Its a big place to play... But sometime dangerous when its windy... Have a good day Regards Vincent

vruchet
02-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Vincent,
Thank you for sharing your beautiful airplane with us. I begin building my SS7 next month and have printed a picture of your airplane to hang in my shop so that I will never become satisfied with good enough. Your workmanship is the best!

Hello Stan... You made that :o Hemm thanks ! Enjoy building your plane, the SS7 is a perfect plane !!! Regards Vincent

GDN
02-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Good job, waiting the end of my overhaul in a few days, 4 months of job quite a complete rebuilt !
We are not far together, i'm in Dijon. Mine is a KF2 and i increase too the tail in high. I hope it will improve rudder authority.
But one question, i was thinking that ultralight are forbidden in Switzerland ?

vruchet
02-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi GDN... Thanks, you are right for ultralight in Swiss... But my Kitfox is to heavy (MTOW 500Kg) to be in ultralight class then its a aircraft :D funny but its true. And today we have a new class in Swiss: "Ecolight" then some (few) ultralight can come in the Ecolight class. Dont you undestand? Me too !!! Its a Swiss law :p... I hope to see your Kitfox one day with new tail, i believe you will won in efficacity... !!!
Ragards Vincent

Mark
02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Vincent, Thanks for reviving the KOTM program. We need more posts like this!

My wife's family is Swiss, and we visit there often. One uncle lives in Sierre, not far from you. Would love to see you aircraft in person on our next visit!

vruchet
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Vincent, Thanks for reviving the KOTM program. We need more posts like this!

My wife's family is Swiss, and we visit there often. One uncle lives in Sierre, not far from you. Would love to see you aircraft in person on our next visit!

Hello Mark... Thats sure you are welcome!!! And if the weather is good, we can go in the alps with??? Just write me a mail before, and i will organise ok??? Its a pleasure regards Vincent :p

vruchet
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello Kitfox-Friends... Somebody took this picture yesterday, very fresh!!! regards Vincent

cap01
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
holy cow , there is some flat land there , thought you only had mountains , really tall mountains . still a nice looking plane .

vruchet
06-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Heyy Chuck...
Fortunately we still have montain. Kind regards from my "iced" country :D

vruchet
06-25-2013, 12:09 AM
A new picture after "BRS" installation. OK "she" still flying great !!!

vruchet
06-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Hello dear Kitfox builder . . . If you want to know more about "French Swiss Experimental" you can go: www.rsarl.com (http://www.rsarl.com). A happy pilot, sure: a "Kitfox pilot" kind regards Vincent

wannafly
06-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Great pictures and beautiful Kitfox. The picture of the glider in background raises a question for me. Has anyone in a Kitfox ever towed a glider up? I've seen it done in 60hp Cubs why. Not a Kitfox?

Esser
06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Natalie and I were considering putting a tail hook in the kitfox as we both have glider back grounds. It would tow better than a citabria I imagine.

jimcarriere
06-29-2013, 07:27 AM
Great pictures and beautiful Kitfox. The picture of the glider in background raises a question for me. Has anyone in a Kitfox ever towed a glider up? I've seen it done in 60hp Cubs why. Not a Kitfox?

The best reason is because the FAA doesn't allow it for experimental/amateur-built aircraft. Of course, Kitfoxes registered outside of the U.S. are governed by different laws ;)

FoxBob
12-08-2013, 08:47 PM
The best reason is because the FAA doesn't allow it for experimental/amateur-built aircraft. Of course, Kitfoxes registered outside of the U.S. are governed by different laws ;)

Wrong on 2 accounts. First, if the Kitfox is the SLSA version, it is not an experimental and can tow for hire. Second, experimentals can tow but the pilot may not be paid for doing so, as experimentals cannot be used for commercial purposes.

vruchet
11-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Hello dear Kitfox builders. Since three years, i have new pictures to share.

vruchet
11-28-2015, 01:19 PM
A Kitfox in very high altitude. This day, i flew at 16'000ft and the cow start to fly with me... Yesss :D

vruchet
11-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I have revisited my mainboard to win weight. I removed all vacuum system for a modern installation. I won 5 KG! ! ! ;) And a new GPS made in USA...
If somebody want my radio King KY97A, i will sale it soon. It no more autorised in Switzerland ?

vruchet
11-28-2015, 01:27 PM
A romantic "promenade" to finish a perfect day :rolleyes:. I love my plane

vruchet
11-28-2015, 01:32 PM
My last recent picture to share ! Flying in Switzerland is really fantastic. :p

Av8r3400
11-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!

DesertFox4
11-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Beautiful Kitfox. Beautiful country.

Norm
02-16-2016, 07:43 AM
Your plane like the mountain backdrop is very majestic. It is truly a plane that keeps builders motivated to continue. Many times a builder becomes bored with progress but looking at your pictures reminds us of the prize at the end of the build. Your plane is what a KitFox IV was meant to be. Beautiful. I am glad you continue to enjoy your work. It continues to motivate me.
Norm