PDA

View Full Version : IVO Inflight adjust install photos? anyone?

wildirishtime
02-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping someone can post photos of their installation of
their inflight adjust IVO on a smooth cowl 5/6/7 on a Rotax 912...
hoping to 'do it right the first time' instead of reinventing the
wheel on how to mount the brush bracket and spinner base.

Thanks!

kitfox2009
02-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Hello Wild
I have no photos, but the IVO instructions are fairly complete on how to mount the brush bracket. I made up a bracket from an aluminum U-channel(it actually was a piece shortened from sliding glass shower track assembly). The U chanel sits vertically and allows the brush holder stud to be supported solidly by drilling through both sides of the channel. I also use miniature snap ties around the wires right at the brush holder so they do not work loose. Mine is an IVO ultralight prop on a 912 Model 5 Vixen.
Good luck.
Don

wildirishtime
02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Where did you anchor the aluminum channel to on the engine? Any photos you turn up of it would be great.... also what spinner did you use, one supplied by IVO?

kitfox2009
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Wild
If I remember correctly the gear case had 2 threaded holes in the flat machined part on the left hand side.
I will try and remember a camera the next time at the hanger.
Don

kitfox2009
02-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello Wild
I posted a couple of pics in my album today. I took them with a "Drift HD" camera so they come out a bit fish-eyey. Hopefully you will get the idea of the bracket. It has about 150 hours use now. Easy to adjust and very supportive with the stud running through both sides of the channel.
I also put in a pic of my solution to deflect exhaust heat away from the carbs. The material is a heat reflector product used on race car starters. Very easy to remove for servicing and makes "hot starts" a non-event. I also plumbed the carb vent tubes into the air filters as per Roger Lee suggestion.
Hope this gives you some ideas.
Cheers
Don