PDA

View Full Version : Reco lights

catz631
02-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Well I just installed my second Aero Led Micro Sun light on my wing strut so I now have a pair of "wig wag" lights that you can see from miles away ! That's a good thing here in Pensacola because helo's are all over the place like fire ants !!! I have had some pretty close approaches.
With the strobes and the Micro Suns,I am lit up like a Christmas tree.
In the picture they are flashing as wig wags but I can only capture one light at a time. I don't have them hooked up as landing lights.
They are extremely bright !
Dick

Paul Z
02-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the idea, I am wanting to put some recognition light in and this looks a lot easier then wing tip lights.

Dave S
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Dick,

Lights look great:) - looks liker they don't hang out there to create drag either.

Where did you get the lift strut fairings I see adjacent to the lights?

Sincerely,

Dave S
KF7 Trigear
912ULS Warp Drive

catz631
02-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Dave S,
I bought the fairings at murlewilliamsaviation.com. Murle has a lot of goodies for the Kitfox.
They really don't do much other than cover the wing attach hardware but I like to get interesting stuff for my plane. I have really improved it over the years i have owned it.
Dick

catz631
02-07-2012, 07:06 AM
The light brackets are not the best looking but they do the job,were easy to make and don't seem to add much if any additional drag.
I didn't hook up the landing light portion of the lights as I fly light sport(let my med lapse) and am not a big fan of night flying even though I have thousands of hours doing it.
I know they would put out enough light for that purpose if you wanted to do it.
The strobes and the Microsuns are LED and draw little current so they are working well with the Rotax generator(alt)
Dick

jdmcbean
02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Thought this may a good opportunity to show-off the new tips that could be used on Model IV's through the current S7-SS.

We also have the strut attachment covers available... along with many other plastic parts from the flaperon tips, gas cap fairings and underseat tool boxes.

catz631
02-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Really nice looking tips John ! That is the way to go for sure !
Dick