PDA

View Full Version : Latest update

akarmy
01-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Well after 4 months of work I took to the air again this weekend. For all practical purposes I now have a Series 7 SS as I upgrade the trim system to the electric jack screw, shortened the wing tips to the "standard" tips, and now for the 3rd gear / wheel upgrade switched out to 600x6 with wheel pants. I also painted up the flaperons and completely finished the struts and painted them.

At 1500 ft I'm seeing a 6mph TAS increase to 130mph TAS with the pants over 850x6 tires I had on before. Not sure if the wing tips (shortened span about 2 foot) had any contribution to that. Stall stayed the same. Of course I have much more elevator control with the full elevator without trim tabs.

Interesting that removing the "servo tabs" from the elevator really increased the stick load. With the series 7 tabs the elevator is very light (almost too light) Now it's much more solid in pitch.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=3074

Dorsal
01-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Andy,
Glad to hear you are back in the air, was about to send you a PM asking how the trim conversion turned out. Your post may be just what I needed to get off my butt and finish up my wheel pants.