PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Leak

cainbird
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Don't know if anyone has dealt with this before but here is a little problem I just worked through. I have been having an intermittent fuel leak on my left carb (Rotax 912) originating from the fuel line nipple. At first it was just a drip every now and then but it soon turned into a steady drip. I first thought it was an over tightened clamp, so I cut the line back and replaced the clamp being carefull not to be too ham fisted. It still leaked so I replaced the fuel line with a new one (even though the old one was only a year old). Still leaked! I am running Gates Fuel Injection Hose. I removed the hose and then pressed it slightly back onto the nipple only about an 1/8" and turned on the fuel valve. I was now able to see the area where the fuel nipple is pressed into the carb and sure enough it was leaking out between the nipple and the carb. On the newer carbs these nipples thread into the carb body, however on the older ones like mine, they are pressed in. After removing the nipple you can replace the o-ring and re-install the nipple and your back in business. I have included a photo of the carb, nipple and o-ring. Sorry for the poor quality, it was taken with a cell phone of course!3125

Cain B